The Grid (done?!?!)

Share & promote self-produced tracks.
mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

The Grid (done?!?!)

Post by mudpeople » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 pm

http://soundcloud.com/mudpeople/daft-pu ... mudpeoples

Smoothed the sharp pokey kick, Im pretty satisfied with the thing.

Here's some drums too;
http://soundcloud.com/mudpeople/perco701-wav

(A stem made in audiomulch for use in my live, its copylefted property of JR 'Bob' Dobbs)

also!!!!

First from-scratch, SAVED, FM8 preset!

http://www.mudpeople.lsdxm.com/mudWONKuno.ksd

Kinda dry so you can fx it further.
Last edited by mudpeople on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:19 am, edited 19 times in total.

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 am

Good Stuff Joe :D

Keep at it :P

Definately solid sounds ;)

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:51 pm

http://soundcloud.com/mudpeople/harmonica

Finished messing with it.

THis one put up a fight, almost didnt have ahold of it good enough but luckily got the net under it in time. Didnt want to let me call it done, the jerk.

:ura :drinks :xdance

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:03 pm

;) i agree bro its good enough for my ears ;)

hope to see this on some releases bro

Peace

Good luck

:bangin Bo0M Bo0Mz

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm

I experimented further, Ive always been afraid to master my stuff too loudly, out of fear for horrible clipping... But after hearing pro mastered releases that sounded overall louder than my work I decided to bite the bullet, and master this one at near-clipping levels (im not exactly a mastering engineer either :P) wiht the brickwall setting on Ozone 4's limiter so theres not any real clipping, and i made sure to set the thresh just a silken hair above the general peak of the track. Of course, stuff got chopped but im hoping its transparent. Ill post the heavy-master alongside the first one so maybe i can figure out which sounds best generally to the listeners.

I sent an email to Blisargon on Isra, who i guess is looking for artists for a Bhooteshwara comp, just a couple days ago, so... keeping fingers crossed but totally NOT getting my hopes up... WOuld be nice but, we'll see. 8)

:drinks :yahoo

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:32 pm

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:44 pm

more work done both on mix and master

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:31 pm

So Ive been unhappy with using the Ozone suite to quickly master tracks, cuz theres inevitably something ozone-y about it that sticks out, and besides its kinda, idk, impotent feeling, letting the software do it all...

So after considerations and much messing around...

Instead of throwin the Ozone on a single stereo track and using its m/s feature, I decided to go ahead and split a copyof the stereo track into monos, pan tehm hard l and r, and eq the lows out, then added ozones to each with the Sparkle preset and some tweakage and stereo spatializing to make em stand out more. Then i took the stereo copy and eqed the highs out to taste and messed with it to make it the mid-low element. Then the whole shmear I put the slim slow slider c3 compressor, elogoxa xcita, buzzroom maxi and a few JS plugs of Reaper's for spectrum viewage.

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 am

this is beginning to make me wonder... Ive since tried 3 very different methods of making a final satisfying master. This last time Reaper was having issues so I gave up and did all teh signal processing on teh main Renoise track, and went kinda nuts with sends and such... I think its the best Ive done sound wise yet. :ura :ura :ura :ura

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 am

Updated, done a lot of work on it and added some glitchy fx, found a nice set of plugs that do stuttering and reverses with more control than the Glitch. I did use the GLitch for a few perc elements and the Side sample channel. It turns out dblue is a Renoiser and an old tracker head from the days when i first got into trackers, in the late 90s. Ah, Impulse tracker, on DOS, using only sampled audio... those were the days...

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 pm

This track is really shaping up nicely !! Really nice sound going here man !! Thx !!

:drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

no, thank you! :drinks

I am happy with how its shaping up though. 8-)

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:56 am

http://soundcloud.com/mudpeople/entangler REALLY FINAL version

Like, actually done (unmastered)

Decided I dont have the heart to master my own works, and anyway lack proper equipment to do more than just put a limiter and high/low shelving on it, so from now on all my updates will be premasters (so i fanyone wants, to you know, master em for me, i wont say no :P ). Just fair warning.

Also probably not going to be updating Corium and Caramelize publicly, the ones up on the CLoud are pretty close to current. Private versions will likely be available on request.

Been asked on soundcloud if Id let a track be used on a VA, dont know what label tho or anything other than I have been asked and replied that Id be happy to have a track on their compo. It doesnt really matter too much to me, Im just happy to hear that ppl are digging my work. I dont want to celebrate first release or anything til i get more info.

Harmonica needs a few tweaks but it should be preview-able soon

Major thanks to Colin and Alex for their professional feedback that helped me so much to clear major hurdles and see things that needed improvement taht I otherwise may not have seen, both recently and in the past, and if ever I release anything you guys are top of the thank-you list.

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:45 pm

;)
Last edited by mudpeople on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.