FL Dark demo 160

Share & promote self-produced tracks.
Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

FL Dark demo 160

Post by Plasma Force » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 am

http://soundcloud.com/plasma-force/plasma-force-fl-dark" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin

steamPUNK
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Re: Plasma Force

Post by steamPUNK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am

hey bro!

don't take this personally, but.... maybe you should spend a little more TIME workin on your tracks...
i mean DUDE!! you're poppin 'em out like MUSHROOMS!!!

for as much as there might be A LOT of accomplished people who claim to (or actually do) write tracks in 1/2hr or 15min that get released on CD.... theY are STUPID!!! the perpetuation of ever-lower standards of quality is the inevitable result of such endeavours!!

I'm sure everyone here on triplag is very glad to see the evolution of darkpsy from it's humble beginnings as the black sheep of the family, with the lowest production values & dubitable sound quality... to being the fastest growing, most fashionable, widely accepted sub-genre on the scene today!!!

this was achieved through many people's (artists, labels, promoters) countless hours, days & years of HARD work and dedication, out of sheer love for the music and party... most artist's, work very hard to feed the machine, & their studios are their LIFE!!

now in my experience with techno, house & electro (the more mainstream, more "professional" genres), it can take anything from 2 weeks to 6 weeks FULL-TIME, to write a 5-6min track, of course most artists have record deals so they do do it full-time as their regular job!!

in our scene most artists have day jobs, therefore less time for music...
personally i spend about a month or two, in average, on any given track (4-6hrs a day), if i'm not too busy with work. otherwise can take up to six months!!(especially collabs..) most of my friends & people i know who produce, are same.. 3weeks min, 3 months max....

Have you noticed that barely ANYONE checks out your S.P.T. posts anymore??
let alone leave any feedback... i mean, looks like you're trying too hard to get you're stuff out there, but, not hard enough in the studio....

& it's cool to experiment with different styles and whatnot, but for your main project i'd advise you to pick a style, stick to it, work on it, develop it & make it your own!!! for the other styles, create side-projects!(like this you won't confuse people and they can know exactly what to expect from you)

most important: KEEP AT IT!!! allways listen to your EARS!! & while it's important to take in to account constructive criticism & feedback, don't let other people influence your style, taste or direction TOO much!

Boom Bro! hope all this made sense to you.. :roll

:bravo :drinks 8) ;) :super

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Re: FL Dark demo 160

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 am

"Have you noticed that barely ANYONE checks out your S.P.T. posts anymore??
let alone leave any feedback... i mean, looks like you're trying too hard to get you're stuff out there, but, not hard enough in the studio...." You have this all too correct my bro ;) Very true

Its true I tend to rush a bit but i am finding the fact of the matter is that i do this and forget what made me do this music for a reason. I think now i have lost contact with the inspirations i once had and it was replaced with what is now happening.

The Quality is one of the things i am having a real hard time with because, for the most part, i know nothing about music theory, i don't own (much) gear, I tend to throw something together and not know how to properly finish, a huge contribution to this mess is something i know nothing about. I lost control a while back and now trying to regain control again seems impossible...

Sorry for the long winded respones bro :P

Huge Hugs and Much Positive Inspiration

:kiss

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Yo Seth, to have decent quality, you don't need expensive tech and PC, you don't need to know music theory, etc. You just need to learn and train yourself to listen. Listen and work. Try to always make the overall sound of the track to be pleasant and not 'rough' (unless intended ofc.). Follow the flow and the story - there's a lot of new producers popping up every day, that get very technical and get decent quality on music, but they're lacking story, they're lacking heart and idea, they're music feels soulless and dry.

If you've lost your inspiration, stop making music for a couple of days/weeks, take a break, spend time with your girl (that's the best muse ever XD), listen to other genres of music, go to the mountains, etc., whatever makes you happy. The more time you're away from producing, the more ideas you get and the more you get pumped up about realizing them. While if you work on music every day, all day long, without any breaks, you get technical and loose the flow.

Cheers, Kris

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks Kris ;) Massive Hugs brotha

You definately know how i am working now

>BooM<

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Of course I know, I've been there too. Every artist hits that point in production at one time or another. Muse comes mainly from your feelings, physical and mental state. So the stronger feelings you have at the moment, the stronger your muse is in that direction. Usually, when I'm feeling down, I have absolutely no wish to work on music and need to clear my mind.

Of course, there is nothing bad about posting a lot of work, to get opinions and suggestions, but you have to have in mind that the more you post 'unfinished' stuff, the more you make an impression on other people that your work is always unfinished, so you have to find a balance of posting. Try not to flood people with unfinished tracks. Concentrate more on posting tracks, that you really like how they came out.

Cheers, Kris