HSS008:VA-Odyssey

Announce launch or plans for labels, shops, radios etc.. Free net releases, online identity presentations and psy communities announcements

Moderators: Fantapsy, Vess

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Re: HSS008:VA-Odyssey

Post by Cinder » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

steampunk who are youuu?

very nice analysis, but like basilisk said, false positives do appear sometimes when engineers cut the higher frequencies :)

steamPUNK
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by steamPUNK » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I´m just a concerned listener, who would like to appreciate this full release in full quality.
It is IMHO one of the best releases of 2011..

Just to be clear, here are all the spectrograms for all the tracks on this release (downloaded from ektoplazm.com):

By the looks of it, i'd say there seem to be more false NEGATIVES, than positives (if any at all..)

I know it's not nice to "look a gift horse in the mouth" & all... but, DUDE!! This 1 has bad breath!!

Feel free to analyze the files yourself (maybe compare with your original mixdown..)!! no doubt you will come to the same conclusions...

BOOM!!

ps.- you might want to look into this, while your at it:
                                                                               Audiochecker didn't like it either.. :idea:
Last edited by steamPUNK on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 pm

I think answer from mastering studio would be very useful here

and thanks steampunk for detailed analysis!

HSSR.gr
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by HSSR.gr » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 pm

:)
Hello :) Thanks for the support and the nice vibes concerning the musical part!
Second , respect for the analysis!I haven't seen this side of the files since now and i am impressed!i do understand what you are saying with this :) and i also take under consideration What DJ Basilisk and Cinder says !
I am not so into sound mechanics to tell you my opinion on the technical issues eventhough i should but the tracks were masterized in 2 versions , the takes were being reproduced in various monitor studios and they have this tought sound , tested for the first time in a party with 2 kw (false terms but you get the point) soundsystem ,then remasterised , played to the same studios as before and then tested for the second time in a 9kw soundsystem in an open air environment and they sounded super!Then we send the tracks to the artists and then we finalized the project and sent it to Ektplazm!More or less , this is how the final "product" is happening and being finalized in order to give to the people and this is why we call the label Helicon "soundsystem"
On the other hand,you gave your time to make this nice review on this,so i will ask NOM to come by and say his opinion on this :)
Have a nice holiday :super :poor :super :cs :super