170 bpm and more ...

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

Apuruami Records
Entering ॐ phase...

Post by Apuruami Records » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:56 am

666 bpm its the answer!

:Hangman: :good:

Twistland
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Re: 170 bpm and more ...

Post by Twistland » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:30 pm

syntimentall wrote: in fact how possibly to dance, to miditate under such beats per minute ???
Do you know how to run? If not, you can always fly! :xdance

Higher BPMs are just another way of pushing the boundaries. When full-on and progressive fans complain about lack of innovative ideas, we are faced with lots of new ideas how to approach psychedelic music. Of course, more BPMs are not necessarily contributing to this aim but if giving it a higher tempo can produce more mind-blowing effects, why not giving it a try?
Specter wrote:My personal opinion, something that goes higher than 160bpm it´s not trance, it doesn´t mean it´s not good music, but it´s something else than psy trance, but that it´s just my personal opinion
It depends. When you approach this music from cultural perspective then this music is psytrance which means that it's made by psytrance freaks for other psytrance freaks to freak out on a psytrance party.
From the muscial side, when music is too slow it becomes downtempo and when it becomes too fast what it becomes? Hardcore?

Any recommendations for story-telling, psychedelic, deep, trancey psycore music with 180+ bpms?

Shen (Mental Records)
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Shen (Mental Records) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 am

Higher bpm is just another way to push the boundary, spot on!!!

Psychedlic music can come in any bpm (or even without bpm) in my opinion.

Peace!!!

squee.isme
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by squee.isme » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:27 pm

i heard a report on a show called radiolab, super cool show. it talked about a tchaikovsky (i think, sorry if i am wrong) symphony. when this symphony first showed, for the very first time, there was a RIOT!!! the dissonance and the tones and the sounds were things that no one had ever heard before and it literally drove them to madness.

the exact same symphony was played in the same city 6 months later, and it was met with high praise and standing ovation.

it just took becoming familiar with the unknown to be able to accept it.

i say this as an analogy to the faster music, but i am not trying to say that people don't understand it, per se. i am just saying that, even for me, 2 years ago, i thought the over 165 music was just not my thing at all. now, 2 years later, i haven't worked on a track under 160 for quite some time. the speed is becoming more familiar to me and the more i work in it the more i feel open to work in it, the more it seems normal.

i still don't really get into fast music that is grating and using the speed to just cause total chaos. there is a place for this too. i have found my liking to be with the fast music that doesn't overaccentuate it's own speed, it just uses that speed as a bed of coals to dance your feet on.

also, and this seems to be really sweet to me...

an active heart, one that is working hard cuz of dance or running or anything like this, commonly goes from 150 all the way up and even in the low 200's. the trance music bpm is really synergistic with the active heartrate, if a party is thrown right and everyone keeps dancing, it is very likely to get up into the high 100's and have peoples heart beating to the music, after they have moved their heartbeats through the other speeds as well.

squee

spacepops
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by spacepops » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I love everything from 146, umm... 148 to 180. Or even higher than 180. BUt yes Im a bit picky about high bpm stuff. But its the best. Everything is. PLURRRR :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin

iDyLLiC sOuL
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by iDyLLiC sOuL » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Psychedelic Trance :yahoo its all about Evolution isnt it :drinks its "world musik" as alien mental Calls it and Gil says " its all been one evolution" :bangin
The Bpm issue is been der for way too long now i think hahhaaa but i guess i always knew wat i like jajaaa and its very important as a listner to know wat u like :roll
i dont think whn im spinning out der in a party "Kali does the dance " a track at 160 bpm or "unknownlifeforms" @ 200 bpm is what matters !! For sm fools musik at 150 bpm is 200 an insanity etc etcc haha i cant help them God Bless em i jus think they should have an open mind and an open ear !!!
i assume only few in the dancefloor to have actualy herd the musik i spin b4 maybe they have herd 1 or 2 tracks of the set b4 thats alll , even in darkpsy gatherings jajaaaa !!
thats cauz i know my musik and i understand people hhaaaa :D and if they have herd it b4 , nothing like it jajaaa they are the guys who are actually killin it :D
All that matters is hw u start makeing them move hahha the freaks on the floor and then its all cosmic science , ul see them al moving , so much energyyyyyy , u see atoms moving that is u see sound , making up so much energy , fractal colours an visions and more enrgy in musik the supream science and the only universal launguage !!
u wil make them movee from inside the people and connecting the audience and urself to the universe we live in :ura
this musik is all science and very very accurate , like maths for exampleee or organic , natural science !!! ( u might question me what kinda oranic science is musik @ 180 bpm , with hellish noizes , screams etc ) that too is science , human nature and oraganic )
this musik is not made in one day , im talkin abt this high Bpm killaaa tracks that u hear and instantly when u have not even finished listning to 2 mins of the musik u have an opinion for it and its all blah Blahhhhh where as the musician has taken months maybe or says yearz to Creat it !! its creation , its life , its hw we all are dont jus judge it ! don like it fine don freakin phuk the brains of guys who like it , its musik they can just connect to it !!!!
i have been listning musik al my life , as far as i can remember i would enjoy musik lots as a kid an ofcoz even now as a dj , all kinds of musik all my life i have njoyed :drinks listin to the Nommos or xenomorph but as i dj i think i shoud play new musik every time i perform dont u think , i cant just play the same musik i spin in one party in evry single party i get ofcoz i got to spin new musik alll the time :D :crazyfly thats why i luv psytrance , to me more specific Dark shamanic psy , so many artists , so much beautiful musik , fast , not so fast , very hi tech twisted psy , not so hitech psy with were dark ambience , too very tribal , deep into the jungle kinda psychedelic frequencys i luv it all , i don concern my self with stuff thats never gonna effect my life jajjaa i luv my musik and i know my psy trance very well
like oxi says jus because u don like chineese food u cant jus go an burn dwn all the chineese food stals , if ur in a party an sm dj s playing high bpm an u don like go back to ur freakin tent an phuk ur bitch jaaaaa and more importantly make room in the dancefloor for the freaks who really love it :roll :D
Last edited by iDyLLiC sOuL on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

So much time passed by, like a butterfly that flew by you in the blink of an eye.. so much thoughts, talks and feelings were discussed somehow connected to the speed of the sound. People loving it, people hating it, people don't caring about it... The truth is that the more the human race evolves, the faster the music will get, simply because that is the path of evolution people have chosen. Life gets faster and faster,more and more aggressive, so everything connected to human kind is just following. Of course, many people, many tastes. But one cannot hate faster music just because it's faster. If one does, than one doesn't understand the true meaning of music.

:crazyfly

iDyLLiC sOuL
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by iDyLLiC sOuL » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Zero-Blade wrote:So much time passed by, like a butterfly that flew by you in the blink of an eye.. so much thoughts, talks and feelings were discussed somehow connected to the speed of the sound. People loving it, people hating it, people don't caring about it... The truth is that the more the human race evolves, the faster the music will get, simply because that is the path of evolution people have chosen. Life gets faster and faster,more and more aggressive, so everything connected to human kind is just following. Of course, many people, many tastes. But one cannot hate faster music just because it's faster. If one does, than one doesn't understand the true meaning of music.

So True Brotha Kriss :smoke: Jus Cant get enough ur track for Twisted Minds Mexico , Psychotic Deviant :partyman: :axe: :twisted: :super Defintely one of the Best Musik i have herd / Nocturnal Melody for Skitzophrenik Lifeform Belgium :dance U Musik is the best for Gatherings BaBa , i jusss luv luv playing em :partyman: Im sure ur Liveact in Psycrowdelica Wedding would have been so dam killaa :yahoo had a friend who traveled al da way 4m india for the wedding and he say it was so damm killaaa , wish i could have made it :crazyG

Specter
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

Post by Specter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:04 am

Zero-Blade wrote:So much time passed by, like a butterfly that flew by you in the blink of an eye.. so much thoughts, talks and feelings were discussed somehow connected to the speed of the sound. People loving it, people hating it, people don't caring about it... The truth is that the more the human race evolves, the faster the music will get, simply because that is the path of evolution people have chosen. Life gets faster and faster,more and more aggressive, so everything connected to human kind is just following. Of course, many people, many tastes. But one cannot hate faster music just because it's faster. If one does, than one doesn't understand the true meaning of music.

And this says it all :bravo :bravo :bravo :bravo :bravo

Evilnoiz
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Evilnoiz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:37 am

To each there own :good: every one has different in taste darkpsy covers all aspect fast, slow, chilling, weird, crazy, love it all

GANIKA
Trip Site
Trip Site

Post by GANIKA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 pm

I echo your thoughts Zero-Blade :bangin

DiaboliK
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by DiaboliK » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 am

Sometimes you want more than 150-155 bpm , 160 bpm doesn't cut it either . 170 -> 200 bpm creates a different style , hard dark and fast .
And you can dance to it btw :)

@ Zero-Blade , Psychotic Deviant is an amazing track .

peace :)

Shen (Mental Records)
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Shen (Mental Records) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:27 am

200 is the new 150 :)

Hmm towards the singularity we go :)

brainraider
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by brainraider » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

i love psy well over 170bpm i dont play anything less the 165 really. fast high enegry psy is just as trippy as the slow stuff but its more intence( i love it when your head feels like its gonna start bleeding out of all possable ways, it might be a personal thing but i know others feel the same) also it is not hard to dance to the fast stuff i find it harder to get down to the slow stuff, fast stuff is like salsa music or flaminco, but anyway thankx for listning BOOOOOOOM from minnesota!!!!!!!!!!

dreamingawake
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by dreamingawake » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 pm

I like really fast music...
but before I ever listened to any psy I was really into thrash metal and very fast heavy music. I guess that still lingers in my mind so I like the really fast heavy electronic music....and I can definitely dance to it...idk how you guys are saying you can't. Sure you can't do some weird liquid dancing or whatever but I go nuts if I hear some heavy stuff....definitely not just swaying back and forth...definitely not just standing there....definitely stomping and moving with the music, feeling connected, and getting lost in it. I guess you can say you aren't trancing out or anything...I don't know enough about any of this stuff really...but I know it puts me in a strange mindstate where it feels like there's static in my mind or something and it makes me feel like all of my molecules are just being pulled in opposite directions at the same time. Like I'm going to implode, but explode at the same time...and it's this infinite cycle that I see in everything...maybe it's just a personal realization? Either way....200bpm+ FTW