170 bpm and more ...

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 pm

bpm means NOTHING. trance is trance. I've been overwhelmed by 130 bpm music, and i've overwhelmed myself playing 200bpm music.

I write music taht is fast and slow at the same time...my newest experiments shift bpms probably 3 times per tune. This is a heady atmospheric way of trance. I personally cannot get down to trance that's less than 160. It doesn't get me going.

I prefer 170-190 when i write trance.

http://soundcloud.com/mischief-cindervomit
http://soundcloud.com/datavore

It's all perspective..some people like different things..it's all bad ass!

eKLeCTRiK
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

LiTe In Da dArk?

Post by eKLeCTRiK » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Du I SMeLL A LiTe bUlb??? :bravo

:Rolf LuViNG dIs THReD!!! :yahoo

p.(M)s. -   FuK bAbAz!!!          !!!B Ur oWN gUrU!!!

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:31 am

wow this thread is still going! when i posted long ago i stated something about bpm limitations of myself..i'm way past that now..progression has brought me to not set any sort of boundary to the type of music being written..it just makes me happy all the time regardless!

DeepForest
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by DeepForest » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:16 am

Here is my thoughts

Regarding the dance, for any psy music i would guess the person has to be open and let the music "move the mind". When the mind "moves" the dance becomes unpredictable and spontaneous.

I guess it is easy to assume that in order to dance, one has just to listen to the beats and dance accordingly. Maybe the beats can serve as a starting point, but if the mind never starts to "move", the dance will be controlled, non-spontaneous, robotic, and faster music may not make sense.

:music:

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 pm

So I personally have been hesitant to break the upper 160 barrier, and always kinda felt that my ideal bpm is around 152. Lately tho, Ive been really digging how the upper 190s sound :P

To me its all context. If one plays 190 ish stuff, right after say I play a 152-area set, it can sound way faster simply cuz the dancers are all used to the slower stuff. But if I pithced up at the end for a banger ending and ended at say 170, thats a decent starting point for the 190 stuff.

I can have plenty of fun dancing to fast as hell sutff, surprisingly, and I always thought Id get tired easier... Well, yeah, but then I forgot about tiredness and danced.

I dont really think a party should have any specific bpm range, at all, unless its like, the gig theme or whatever. Juust cuz, while it is awesome to hear CHUGGUGUGUGUGUG at 190 for 12 hrs or more.... I jsut feel variety is better.

Different bpm ranges bring about different atmospheres even with the same track, and while one may be great, others also may be great but differently.

Variety is the spice of life. The spice is vital ti space travel.

My last word is again context, overall party flow is in my own personal opinion PRIORITY ZERO, like, ABOVE priority One, like the Zeroth law. What that entails, how its executed, thats up to the ppl behind the decks and hte ones who organized the whole thing. Nothign breaks a good trance tho like going from even say 180 to 160 abruptly (done well tho can be cool). When the 180 mph cruise is suddenly onnly doing 160 but still trying to rev up to 180... Well, it reminds me of my legs, and their tiredness. And I sometimes sit down.