170 bpm and more ...

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

syntimentall
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

170 bpm and more ...

Post by syntimentall » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:31 pm

explain to me sense of trance with BPM more than 170 ....
how do you perceive such type of trance ??
in fact there are such people which collect enormous pleasure from him ... for which the atmosphere of such type of trance is their native environment of dwelling ...
what feelings and experiencing do they feel ??? what kind of trip they have ??
in fact as on me ... such type of trance creates the atmosphere of chaos, disorder ...
I think that the same atmosphere it is possible to pass the BPM less ... 150-155 fully enough ..
in fact how possibly to dance, to miditate under such beats per minute ???

thx for attention ...

serz
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by serz » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:54 am

For me already 160 BPM doesn't make any sense... at all..

LSDan
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by LSDan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 pm

Same here, it loses it's stomp. 150-155 is my limit

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:32 pm

I love fast, and under fast I mean VERY fast, music.

If someday you come to Bulgaria, I'll show you how to dance on 185 BPM played by Psydisrupter :D

Anyway, ontopic, every man has a personal taste for music. I love super fast things, I love normal fast things, I love not so fast things, as long as they're dark and scary, dirty and spooky, mental or wierd sounding...etc.

I also love slow stuff, like psybient, like Shpongle. Perfect for the morning coffee :) Slow, groovy and shining! :)

Every man likes different genre and/or style of music :)

LSDan
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by LSDan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:05 pm

I once went to a night that played 200-250bpm music. It was f@#king ridiculous. People weren't actually dancing, just swaying from side to side. I didn't dance but I didn't leave the room either I wanted to hear it just out of interest. Watching everyone was really weird. The speed of the music just seemed to stop the energy. It was as if they were dancing because they felt they had to rather than enjoying it. It was a little freaky. I think there's a line to be drawn sometimes.

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 pm

The fast BMP music is surfacing more and more.....

1) some people refuse to call it trance (valid reasons are given)
2) some people refuse to call it psy (also valid reasons are given)

3) and some say this is an every day psy trance (also valid reasons are given)

for those of us who in category 1) and 2) please take a wide open view on psy trance music phenomena: how long ago was it when you first heard night time psy trance at 146-148 bpm? what was you first reaction?
what was reaction of you friend who only heard instrumental music before?

There are times ( on the properly structured ) psy trance gathering when 160 bpm is not enough and 185 maybe just about right.
Psydisrupter rocks!!! by the way. we had him few times on Triplag ;) (i truly wish to come to Bulgaria and meet this man someday D: )
I admit that I cannot dance under fast bmp. but what is inside my head is totally different story...

Not every fast BMP track is cool. some sounds like fast forward music. but some sounds exactly right and you do not even notice high bpm.

Humans always push for speed, to break the sound barrier! This is same. this is a healthy sign of evolving music. whether or not you enjoying it every day or only on special occasion -- everybody personal thing. Important, that you have a choice, and to know that there is something else out there that waiting to be discovered 8-)

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:22 pm

f u n g u s o k wrote: Psydisrupter rocks!!! by the way. we had him few times on Triplag ;) (i truly wish to come to Bulgaria and meet this man someday D: )
I admit that I cannot dance under fast bmp. but what is inside my head is totally different story...
Yeah, Hristo is my idol! Come someday to BG and I'll teach you to dance on 185bpm when he's playing!! :D :D :D

shroomanoid
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by shroomanoid » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 am

i think anything much faster than 170 would be closer to gabba rather than trance. but who doesn't love a bit of speedcore gabba? :monkeydance
should be able to destroy any braincells left over after a kindzadza party :grin:
by the way zero-blade, when you listen to shpongle for your morning coffee, i listen to "cosmo - scott on coffee" :P

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:38 pm

shroomanoid wrote: by the way zero-blade, when you listen to shpongle for your morning coffee, i listen to "cosmo - scott on coffee" :P
Hehe, not every day! D: Today my wakeup call was Melorix - Skizophrenic Vampire. You should've seen me wake up! :P :P :P

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Option Zer0 wrote: later edit: yes , u can meditate on such music and it s great, it really is. when u meditate , u empty your mind.. if u don t do that, u don t meditate. ok. if your mind is emty of memories, impressions, terms and definitions, concepts, space and time.... can u think that u hear 180 bpm ? or can u think that u hear 0 bpm ? u can t even feel your own body ! it s just pure energy. your spirit. music. and everything else.

..shamans were the first beings entering the 4D realm. drumming, dancing, dreams, drugs. :drum figure out the bpm on that. :cs
wise words man 8)

serz
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by serz » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:30 am

LSDan wrote:I once went to a night that played 200-250bpm music. It was f@#king ridiculous. People weren't actually dancing, just swaying from side to side. I didn't dance but I didn't leave the room either I wanted to hear it just out of interest. Watching everyone was really weird. The speed of the music just seemed to stop the energy. It was as if they were dancing because they felt they had to rather than enjoying it. It was a little freaky. I think there's a line to be drawn sometimes.
f@#king insane dude... lol.

IMHO, a 180 BPM track can't have anything of trance... it just can't..

Terrorcore which goes 180-200 BPM or maybe more? has no psy sounds and it's not trance at all..

Later..

syntimentall
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by syntimentall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 pm

enormous thank you for excellent answers ... fungusok, Option Zer0
thank you all for your personal opinion ...
If someday you come to Bulgaria, I'll show you how to dance on 185 BPM played by Psydisrupter
=) ... I hope on it ... I very hope !! =) ... this would be the interesting trip ...
it is correct subject to the condition if in track there is history, music, certain structure ... ;-) ... but each who composes creates some history, structure melody in composition (sometimes understandable only to him =)
there are really excellent tracks ... and BPM in them does not make sense ...
but majority from that I heard from such type of trance ... it was perceived by me as noise ... a cause can be two facts .. or this I was not able to tune in to perceptions of such track ... or track is not added to perception ))))))

mastersodium
Connecting...

Post by mastersodium » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:26 pm

trippy can be heard at high speeds, but trance, I think not.

With the trance experience, to properly experience it, your bodys own rythms (pulse, vibrations, ect) need to align with the beat of the music. This is why the shamans of old and new were able to trance out like most "trancers" will never experience. Look to the ancient cultures who trance out, and as far as I know, all the music is below 160 BPM (generally below 150 even). If your heartbeat can't keep up, then you will never sync with the music, and just "trip out" instead of "trance". psychedelic music does not necessarily mean trance music.

Sandy Klaus
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Sandy Klaus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:53 pm

for me playing or producing, 148 is my limit (yeah i know, it's slow lol)
150 - 155 doesn't bother me in parties when it's well done. I enjoy it. 8)
above is too much for me. i mean 4 hours at 160 and more, i can't. lol

just personal tastes. I find usually that psytrance sounds and principles (technically) don't match with such bpm. for me it's like making minimal techno at 145 bpm, it doesn't work out. each type of music has its ideal bpm range.
but i think mixing genres is cool, that makes evolution. soooooo........ :bub
(bubbles are ok at any bpm, always a success)