170 bpm and more ...

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

LSDan
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by LSDan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 pm

OXIDELIC wrote:P.D.2

for me delian, the real breakthroug, the real new style of psy-producing, diferent from lazy, gay progressive, or tooo minimal psy-tech, or the super comercial full.on is not this so called psy-core... nooo its the Forest Trance!! but its not modern, its not fashion cuz its toooo serious for the teenagers, so they go with the speed.
for me the real breakthrough have made derango with their last album. they made something really New! without loosing the escence of a real psychedelic trip...
Forest trance is the way forward!

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:29 pm

hehe bubbling Oxi! :bub :bub :bub :bub
Hola my bro Delian!
Great comments - I agree with you -- when I was young Death/trash/speed metal was the coolest thing evar! Actualy still is. This music performed live by live human beings and to keep up the speed is very important key ellement of the skills of the mucisians. :cheers

There is not much skill involve to pitch CD deck up to 160 bpm. or for 300 bmp

And yes, for many young producers making fast track is something wicked, something that "hot" at the moment. We all been at that age and we know how exciting it can be. Im not producer but I think it probably relatively easy to make fast track cos you do not have to pay much attention to quality of a single sound? (please accept my apologies if I'm wrong) On a fast speed all-in-one sound ok. Speed itself works as Wow factor.
Same for the DJs -- wanna get noticed advertise high BMP in your sets (same old sexual question "does size matter?") 8-)

I noticed that fast psy music sounds good in home environment. when it played on some more serious equipment -- some of it sounds rather noisy and confusing. As Delian said bass and kick dissolve
:bub :bub

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:13 pm

I was talking with Dylalien after a party he played here in Atlanta, and he was saying "WOW it doesn't even get me moving unless its passed 160" haha.

Personally 158 - 160 is my favorite speed. I come from drum and bass / gabber background so I can already dance (good i may add :roll haha) to fast paced tunes.

I think fast can be psychedelic...it doesn't exactly put you in a trance unless you are like myself that can get tranced by fast music. Its all in the way its perceived.

PSYCORE BABY!

Like my good friend brainlizzard would say "It its aint Dark, It aint Psyknock"

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:20 pm

I can dig it.

THough, when I play sets I prefer to stay around 152. THat seems to be my favorite BPM at the moment. Ive been making tracks around that speed too. Even tried out making a 160 track. Not bad.

Theres a whole different kind of sound that comes with that speed.

Some of those tracks are really cool though, one that pops out of memory is Dark Elf's track on Sonic Seasoning from Trishula.

I think that each dj and producer should make what they want, if they want fast psy-core, why not? I try to stay open minded and let the music present itself before I judge whether or not I like it.

So many times, it seems that people have an opinion of a track or artist before really giving it a good listen.

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:06 pm

158-160 is cool

i was talking beyond 170 and more.. 180... or even 200...

as the topic said...

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:09 pm

OXIDELIC wrote:158-160 is cool

i was talking beyond 170 and more.. 180... or even 200...

as the topic said...
haha following directions eh? hehe

I like starting around 158 and ending at 304!! or 200 or 180 or whatever the brain tells me to do. :roll :roll :roll

RAWAR / BOLENATH
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by RAWAR / BOLENATH » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:39 am

From 150 bpm to 175 thats my tempo track , but in some tracks i like to do a litle blast to 190bpm for a few seconds.
i like to play along with bpms on my music , for instance rawar got a track that starts at 160 goes up to 200 , comes down to 120 and back to 160 again

it all depends of how you do the entire tracks and the way you work with the sounds and ambiences , a fast track can be danced the same way a slow track is.

but thats only my opinion.

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:29 pm

I've been scouting artists who mainly produce 155-180+ tracks, and I can tell you it get's really hard to listen to for more than an hour or two.

I get to the point where my brain screams NO MORE!, then I have to listen to something like goa or even psybient to get my mind back in order.

When I first heard some of the stuff at 165+ I went, what the phuk is that? but it has grown on me in a serious way. My big successes spinning some of the higher bpm sets have been when I started at the 145-150 range, then worked another set from 150-170, then finished with a short set(30-45mins max) of some of the extreme 180+ stuff.

I have to play some of the really brain melting stuff because I am getting a crossover from the industrial and hardcore electro/indust crowd who are now coming out for some of the parties.

In my experience you have to bring everyone down in the morning with a nice and light 145-148 bpm set to let everyone process and absorb the brain trip they just went on. Not many are really dancing during the higher bpm sets, but they pogo and bounce around like mad machines.

I actually had a mosh pit break out the first time I played Morthor Spede and Kemic-Al's Dark Journal for a crowd of vampire freaks. They went stark nuts and started moshing and circle pitting, and me and my crew were just staring in shock.

Uh, I went to a rave, and a mosh pit broke out! heheheh :lol:

It's definitely a sub-genre or new niche that is rapidly growing and developing in the US and worldwide, or at least it will if I have my say in it.

I have coined the term industrial dark psycore, and I know it's not really that original a term, but it is what the kids around here have started calling it in blogs and chats. It is taking me some getting used to, but there is a huge crowd that would listen to this if they get exposed.

I love the forest style stuff for my real psychedelic experiences, but for getting a crowd to show up, I now play some crossover stuff to draw 'em in and then slaughter 'em. I have a lot of kids who are now listening to dark psy, when at first they would sneer and call me a fairy winged pansy for DJing "trance" and "dance" music.

After a night of the really hard stuff, I find that I have some very strange mental trips and stuff going on. I really don't have a taste for it all the time, but once or twice a week is perfect.

If it brings some people in to the scene and helps us to grow and get new ideas, I don't see anything wrong with it. Just as long as we don't loose the psychedelic feel and the mind expansion and vibes.

And yeah, some of the really hard stuff does not fit the psychedlic tag or even resemble it. I really don't know what to think of it when I don't get the same type of mind feel as I get from the dark psy.

Black Magik will be working on some albums combining that great EBM sounds and style of bands like Front 242 and Das Ich with dark and twisted psy. It's all an experiment, so who knows what's coming out on the other side.

RAWAR / BOLENATH
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by RAWAR / BOLENATH » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:53 am

well there is a thing i would like to say about these subject. speed is not a problem when you have the right atmosphere on the tracks , it all depends the way the artists make the all track . there are tracks @ 155 bpms that i dont like at all because i think they are to fast for the concept and there are tracks @ 165 that i hear and say phuk these track makes you forget the speed and make you travel a lot.
it´s all a matter of how you combine the sounds and the atmosphere . i´m sure that no one stays mind fucked with a track at 160 if the "story and the mood of the track are cool"

free your minds and danceeeeeeeeee :monkeydance :monkeydance

Specter
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

Post by Specter » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:43 am

My personal opinion, something that goes higher than 160bpm it´s not trance, it doesn´t mean it´s not good music, but it´s something else than psy trance, but that it´s just my personal opinion

For me 150/158 bpm, it´s perfect.

But once again, this is just my personal opinion

Stay in Peace

Boom Shankar

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 pm

I like it :) The faster/harder style, with bpm going from 155 to 200 is really interesting. You dont need to dance to every beat.. More llike really crazy dancing :) Freak out - Deluxe. And sharing the experience also, even if it is this fast, people are smiling and really enjoy it. And sharing it :

And I like what Rawar says here, track going from 160 - 200 - 120 - 160 :) For me this is playing, having fun like a child again. I am very glad this new style gets more popular/exposed to people. I want more of this.. When the track is not the same bpm all the time.. It plays with you and your mind :)

And time wave zero: I like what you tell about these brain machines and experiments on the dancefloor.. Very interesting stuff!! Please tell more, mayb e a new topic ? :)

And others, please post what you think.. Its interesting hearing what people think about this style of music.

NANPSY
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

Post by NANPSY » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:20 am

Woweeeee!

I gotta say...I'm listening to Mr. Deftspank's Live 7.7.7 which
goes up to 180 bpm's and I'm flying along and LOVIN it!

What I just realized about these mixes at the higher bpm's is
the freeeeeedom.

There's much more room to move or not move...just depends
on how you interpret it.

Slow? Fast? Faster? Not limited by the lower bpm's which only
take one so far.

Know what I mean?

If the higher bpm's are done *right* the experience is off
the freakin' hook!

WOWOWOW! Is all I can say...then WHEW! Whattarush!

8) 8) 8)

Super psylove,

Nancy

The Andychrist
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by The Andychrist » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:10 am

i agree with nancy drew! Since I heard Zero Blade's mix, Banished Audio, and Morthor Spede (Black Magik), I've been totally taken with the notion of raising the BPM's and lengthening the phrasing in tracks. In my opinion, bpm is mostly irrelevant; it's the feel generated by the phrasing, texture, and rhythmic composition in the track or mix that defines the music. Some of Zero's tracks leave fiery trance trails on my eyeballs and eardrums, and they're predominantly higher bpm monsters. on the other hand, I can't get enough of Pondscum, who usually chills in the mid to low 140's. It's not slow, it's lurking evil awesomeness. 8)

Keep it booming! I don't care what bpm you choose! D:

Andy :cs

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:31 am

The Andychrist wrote:i agree with nancy drew! Since I heard Zero Blade's mix, Banished Audio, and Morthor Spede (Black Magik), I've been totally taken with the notion of raising the BPM's and lengthening the phrasing in tracks. In my opinion, bpm is mostly irrelevant; it's the feel generated by the phrasing, texture, and rhythmic composition in the track or mix that defines the music. Some of Zero's tracks leave fiery trance trails on my eyeballs and eardrums, and they're predominantly higher bpm monsters. on the other hand, I can't get enough of Pondscum, who usually chills in the mid to low 140's. It's not slow, it's lurking evil awesomeness. 8)

Keep it booming! I don't care what bpm you choose! D:

Andy :cs
I can tell you that Andy got a real good trance vibe and brain trip with his new track, and it's at 165bpm and a bit higher. You toally foget it's at that speed after the first minute or so.

Honestly, it was one of the first times I ever got totally into a trance listening to the higer end stuff, so maybe we have a new champion of the fast core to learn from.

And some of the Zero Blade tracks seem to be this type as well, where you forget the BPM is so high and just trance and zone out.

fragletrollet
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by fragletrollet » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:10 am

Speed doesnt matter, aslong as its organized chaos :)