What kind of "dark" do you like most?

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

What kind of dark do you like most?

Acid / Liquid kinda sound
18%
Dark / Evil style
43%
Fast / Speedy going nutz
7%
Experimental Psychedelic Sound
9%
Twisted / Crazy / Funny stuff
16%
Dark & Light
7%

Total votes: 82

RAWAR / BOLENATH
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by RAWAR / BOLENATH » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:42 am

lets say that i love music , and everything diferent from ""FOOL ONE"" and gay tunes and shits like that are wellcome .

my kind of dark psy i think i can describe it as EVIL HARD TWISTED DARK PSY .

:drum :drum :drum :drum :drum :drum :drum

Gergo
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Gergo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:48 am

please describe 'evil' psy!? what is it? i realy dont understand how does this word belong to psy stuff...

deejayridoo
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by deejayridoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I´d say
lyseric twisted acid forest trippy funny

The Chojin
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by The Chojin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:07 am

The Andychrist wrote:i think my favorite dark style is the lurking evil dark. i find it hard to produce, but i love to listen to it. if i had to choose 1 favorite producer right now, i would say it's Pondscum. that style is good for me anytime.
AGREED !!! Going for a Pondscum LIVE set in MArch in the bush - will post some videos once its done - he is master of mayhem live :onfire:

peaceblomst
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by peaceblomst » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 pm

i like dark/fast... but also twisted forrest dark... thats so nice mann...

that hard twisted sound that just makes you dance the hole night away :monkeydance :D

Shen (Mental Records)
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Shen (Mental Records) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

Hehe interesting point audioassasin :) I guess it comes down to what meaning we attach to the word "evil" when we talk about our music, which in most cases is not the dictionary definition at all :) Does it give people outside of our circle a wrong perception of our music? Possibly! Would it be better if we just called it psychedelic trance or twisted or anything else? Probably not as people would just call us crazy acid freaks and drug addicts or something else they don't understand and fear :)
Personally I have no problem with calling it evil and love calling it that because we all know what we are talking about anyway :)

Anyway, back to the topic :) i love twisted night psy with many twisted synth lines and crafty samples blended in to open up my psyche to the next level like Psykovsky, Kindzadza, Noise Gust, Fatal Discord, Already Maged, Baal, Catatonic Despair, and a number of others like Xikwri Neyrra, Kanibal Holokaust and a number of Wild Seven artists :)

Ocajian
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Ocajian » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Wow it's hard to tell. Depends on my mood. My fav Dark Psy would be tracks that have a carnal feel to it...To be honest I haven't heard anything that gives me that feeling as much as I would like so I decided to start producing myself.

I like dark psy that shows some form of a human element.

Sputnik Inc.
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Sputnik Inc. » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 pm

I like it Full Dramatic & Full Power Adrenaline shocking

Like a Horrorfilm with no escape :Hangman:

:cya

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm

i like it twisted. but i would never vote for that here cause it is put in one place with funny, and i dont usually find the twisted dark psy sound funny.
i could also vote for experimental cause it is the main thing that drew me to this style: expect the unexpected. but even if it is the main virtue of this stlye for me, it is at the same time what i dont like at all in this subscene. people experimenting that have no clue of harmonics, octaves and anything else.

evil i wouldnt say. although it is a contradictory issue. sometimes i like to have it evil but only if it is serious concept behind it, like for instance something connected to the dark spiritual powers of different religions, or anti religious approach of going beyond borderies, or just something connected with the visions of destruction or apocalypse. but not just kiddy evil. look at me i am evil, this kiddie attitude i dont like.
i think i like it evil and aggressive, at least now, which i would not state of myself 5 years ago. now i started to sort of fully support this as a description of the vision of the majority in the main stream trance scene. sort of a message " wake up or die". and besides all that the sexual aspect of dark psy is more appealing to me. i think the goa scene was generally much more anti sexual earlier which i dont quite like.

bhavana
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by bhavana » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 am

:bangin for me i rather dark make sense than dark make no sense.!!!!..hehehehe.... what dark styles is better.?....ah!!!
i think ...darkpsy is ALL GOODDDDDDDDD........
i really think all darkpsy styles r need one another ...
all sounds and styles in each tracks r already been separated to fit in the rigth time to play , my favourite style is

beginning of the night
-experiment psy sounds
-deep dark hypnotic
-crazy and funny darkpsy ( be good if this style combine with speedy , anyways darkpsy for me should never lack of engergy and acid hypno souls )
-Deep dark acid liquid sounds
- deep Evil darkpsy
- deep dark pumpin mind blowing darkpsy
- dark n ligth for the transitions
alls of those sounds already outhere
i feel so spoiled!!! heheheheh
:roll

bhavana
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by bhavana » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 am

D: agree!!! the word Evil , ..is really bring lots of souls into dark place especially in the peak time of the nite with full twisted darkpsy tunes ..for me the word darkpsy already enough for explainning our music ..as we r not spiritual melodic morning psytrance ..........but opposite site ...
i cant really go beyond the feeling of evil sounds , when i'm listening or playing dosent matter how deep dark evil it is ...i still bringing this into always positive site of it ... i called it freakin awsome !!!!!! or supa funky psycedelic !!!!or super intelligent psycedelic satisfactions !!!
even if i know that myself playin and peoples who dancing every each of us feel the music in the same way , when its really dark its still cant be evil ...coz we so much stronger than that ..its just another site within us .....we know is there and we can feel it in the music . ....its more like deep spiritual kind of dark ritual .....and it is awsomeeeeeeeeeeee

Amala
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Amala » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:23 am

I like the deepest, foresty, hypnotic stuff out there-especially anything really earthy and primal feeling. Cosmic Theatre, Parvati, Yggdrasil, Sanaton and similar labels put out. If it's driving, atmospheric, full of pingpongy, echoey, animalistic type sounds, i'm there. The screams and horror samples stuff seems really juvenile to me, and the 180 bpm stuff I can't dance to so it doesn't interest me.

I also like the stuff that has melodic elements in it but is still hard. An example would be Glooex's "Black and White" which is one of the most amazing tracks I've ever heard-so beautiful.

Amala
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Amala » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:27 am

I like the deepest, foresty, hypnotic stuff out there-especially anything really earthy and primal feeling. Cosmic Theatre, Parvati, Yggdrasil, Sanaton and similar labels put out. If it's driving, atmospheric, full of pingpongy, echoey, animalistic type sounds, i'm there. The screams and horror samples stuff seems really juvenile to me, and the 180 bpm stuff I can't dance to so it doesn't interest me.

I also like the stuff that has melodic elements in it but is still hard. An example would be Glooex's "Acid Balls" which is one of the most amazing tracks I've ever heard-so beautiful.