What do you think about psychedelics

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

What do you think about psychedelics?

Psychedelics have been used for thousand of years everywhere on the planet. The trance movement just redefines this ancient culture in a modern way. I consider psychedelics to be generally useful and i take it ritually.
59%
Psychedelics help people to expand their consciousness. I take them regularly at a party.
21%
I prefer other stuff instead of psychedelics. I / a friend of mine had a badtrip once and don't wanna take it again. I take other stuff.
2%
I dont take any. Why should music be always connected to drugs???
8%
I am too young, i don't know psychedelics that good
No votes
Another shitty discussion about drug addiction?? go phuk off with your propaganda. I need no drugs, i have enough alkohol to be happy.
No votes
I have experimented with these and that but i think that the real enlightenment comes without any substances
11%

Total votes: 63

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:21 am

heathenbrewing wrote:I am of the opinion that a properly "tuned" mind does not need such things to experience trance-like states. One major stumbling block many....dare I say most, people have is a lack of true understanding of musical compositions.

I agree with the saying, "Dont knock it until you try it.", but consistant use of ANY drug, sugar and caffiene included, is not healthy.

Jupp... my mind is totally fucked... But think most ppl´s mind are that these days and not properly "tuned"... disinformation about a lot of things has brought us away from our inner selfs....

And yes... I have no understanding of "true musical compositions" (wtf that now means? True for you or some "universal music law"?) Don´t really get that and I don´t give a phuk either.... Break all the "rules" and do whatever you want and don´t go after "how it should sound" or bla bla bla... For me music is art... art is for my own pleasure... what art is for me can look like an pile of crap to you and vice versa...

;)

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 am

come on ppl, only 8 voices??? :grin: please vote for our research. this is not representative if there are only 8 ;;))))) it is really vory important for me to see how many of you are against psychedelics and to what extent. noone voted for :
" Another shitty discussion about drug addiction?? go phuk off with your propaganda. I need no drugs, i have enough alkohol to be happy."????
what about all the dark freaks who actually came from the metal culture and not from the trance culture??? is this their generall opinion or did i just have some negative experiences with such people by chance????
i dont mind if people think differently, but i really get pissed off if they want to criminalise me for taking acid. i have zero tolerance towards people like that. even if they are artists or whatever. these kind of people just dont get it at all!!! how many of them are there?

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 pm

time wave zero wrote:what about all the dark freaks who actually came from the metal culture and not from the trance culture??? is this their generall opinion or did i just have some negative experiences with such people by chance????
FYI - I came from the "metal culture" into trance just 2 years ago. I am not into a lot of trance....psy is as "light" as I get and generally, I only listen to "darkpsy" when I listen to trance, although defining "dark" can be quite difficult. Although, I have quite a limited understanding of the style being so new, I know what I like. A lot of what people recommend to me when I ask for their opinions on their fav trance artist, is Tiesto and van Burren, and that style of trance just holds no interest for me.

No problems if you want to do some tripping or smoking and I can quite confidently say that most of those in the "metal culture" would have no problems either.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:39 pm

depends on what you mean by no problems. i am really very disappointed by the behaviour of some of those neo metal psy freaks. because they not only refuse to accept psychedelics as part of this culture, but even abuse us here and then by calling us drug addicted and whatever and even start to introduce new rules about what is a trance culture and waht is not. hey?

they dont get it, this is all i have to say. for me it is very important to see how many people from this dark culture actually think like this and if they are more than 50 percent i will basicly think once more about what am i doing here.
it pisses me off to be called drug addicted , we had enough problems with the police also before these freaks came to the scene, now they just make the whole thing worse!!! this is what i think. i got warnings from some so called dark freaks that if i ever go to their parties with acid, the police will be called. this is ridiculous and silly and it really pisses me off.
cause after all we have many years of psychedelic culture behind us and psychedelics ARE a part of the trance culture, always have been and always will be.
the festival forgotten ritual gave me a lot of hope that the situation is not that bad, cause there were lots of people that have been part of the culture many years ago too and will never try to exclude psychoactive substances out of the scene....but nevertheless i am not sure what the typical dark psy freak thinks about that....

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:50 pm

time wave zero wrote:depends on what you mean by no problems. i am really very disappointed by the behaviour of some of those neo metal psy freaks. because they not only refuse to accept psychedelics as part of this culture, but even abuse us here and then by calling us drug addicted and whatever and even start to introduce new rules about what is a trance culture and waht is not. hey?....

Are you speaking about having problems in Germany, or Europe in general? If anything, in my travels I would say that European citizens (not necessarily the laws though) are more tolerant than Americans when it comes to drugs. I ma surprised you run into so much trouble. I am against any "rules" in general, but times change, people change and music changes. Music evolves. I don’t agree with harassement of you or people like you as long as you are not trying to impose your will upon them.
time wave zero wrote:they dont get it, this is all i have to say. for me it is very important to see how many people from this dark culture actually think like this and if they are more than 50 percent i will basicly think once more about what am i doing here. ....
So you would consider leaving the music scene you enjoy if 51% of its populace are against drug use? Drugs are more important than the music? Don’t take this the wrong way as I am NOT trying to offend you, but that sounds like drug addict talk. Some people at these parties like drug 'A', some like drug 'B' and some like no drugs at all. But everyone there enjoys the music, and THAT is the most important aspect, the uniting force.
time wave zero wrote:it pisses me off to be called drug addicted , we had enough problems with the police also before these freaks came to the scene, now they just make the whole thing worse!!! this is what i think. i got warnings from some so called dark freaks that if i ever go to their parties with acid, the police will be called. this is ridiculous and silly and it really pisses me off.....
What do you mean by "their parties"? If these are the promoters or organizers of the parties and they don’t want acid at their parties, I feel you should respect the wishes of the organizers if they don’t want drugs at their parties. If police would show up and a bunch of people are trippin' on acid, that would be bad for the promoters, bad for the scene and bad for the music. If you don’t like non-drug parties, choose not to go. Seems simple to me.
time wave zero wrote:cause after all we have many years of psychedelic culture behind us and psychedelics ARE a part of the trance culture, always have been and always will be. the festival forgotten ritual gave me a lot of hope that the situation is not that bad, cause there were lots of people that have been part of the culture many years ago too and will never try to exclude psychoactive substances out of the scene....but nevertheless i am not sure what the typical dark psy freak thinks about that....
I don’t know if I am a "typical dark psy freak", but really I could care less about durg use at parties UNLESS a druggie impeades on my rights as an individual. By saying, for instance, I don’t "understand" the culture or the music because I don’t take acid, or if I don’t have traditional, liberal, neo-hippie beliefs that I am somehow wrong….well, that is impedeing on my rights. It is all about diversity. I can dance with a girl who is on acid while I am sober (or maybe a bit buzzed from a few drinks) and I in no way feel threatened by their state of mind. It does not bother me in the least.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:54 pm

So you would consider leaving the music scene you enjoy if 51% of its populace are against drug use? Drugs are more important than the music?
well, i would consider stop going to parties, just because i would feel threatened in my human rights to do whatever i consider to be right for myself. and as i think that freedom is the most important thing in life at all, i would consider just stop going to parties where people are so intolerant toward the freedom of others.

i am not addicted at all, i only take acid very very seldom, but i would feel threatened just by the vibe of such people, you know? cause i am convinced that psychedelics have always played a very important role in any society and i consider them to be good , if they are used properly. dont want to convince you, just want my rights to think like that and to use them.
and if 51 percent of the people at a party see only bad things in them ( addiction and so on), then it means that people like us are not really welcome.

No i didnt have such problems in Germany, here i really feel free!!!!! I meant some eastern countries, like the one i was born in, Bulgaria, and where i will probably never go again, cause i was threatened that the police will be sent on the border to check my bags for acid. Of course i will not go to any party where they think like this, but i just say it is silly ridiculous and everything you can think of. Cause in such countries people do take drugs ( alkohol) and are much more addicted to it than we are addicted to acid!!!

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 pm

" Another shitty discussion about drug addiction?? go phuk off with your propaganda. I need no drugs, i have enough alkohol to be happy."????
Are you kidding... alcohol is NOT a drug?? Wowowow... It´s the worst drug out there... Look at the death rates of alcohol... can´t find any other drug with higher rates...

Alcohol IS A DRUG.... argue against that and youre just plain ignorant or stupid :poke :partyman:

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 pm

TAS wrote:
Are you kidding... alcohol is NOT a drug?? Wowowow... It´s the worst drug out there... Look at the death rates of alcohol... can´t find any other drug with higher rates...

Alcohol IS A DRUG.... argue against that and youre just plain ignorant or stupid :poke :partyman:
I think that was suppose to be verbal irony.

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:49 pm

time wave zero wrote:
well, i would consider stop going to parties, just because i would feel threatened in my human rights to do whatever i consider to be right for myself. and as i think that freedom is the most important thing in life at all, i would consider just stop going to parties where people are so intolerant toward the freedom of others.!!!
What countries are these parties in? The ones you feel threatened in....
Freedom is one thing, but acid is illegal everywhere in the world. I think everywhere. If you choose to break the law, you should also be prepared to pay the price if you are caught. I think whether or not drugs should be illegal is a topic for discussion in another thread. Truth be told, I am for the decriminalization of most drugs. But I also respect current laws.
time wave zero wrote: i am not addicted at all, i only take acid very very seldom, but i would feel threatened just by the vibe of such people, you know? cause i am convinced that psychedelics have always played a very important role in any society and i consider them to be good , if they are used properly. dont want to convince you, just want my rights to think like that and to use them.
and if 51 percent of the people at a party see only bad things in them ( addiction and so on), then it means that people like us are not really welcome. !!!
I agree that psychedelics are less harmful than many legal drugs. I also agree that historically, they have been used by many, many cultures. I am pretty sure they are nonaddictive as well. I am on your side but also must say again that if you choose to break the law, you should also be prepared to pay the price if you are caught.
time wave zero wrote: No i didnt have such problems in Germany, here i really feel free!!!!! I meant some eastern countries, like the one i was born in, Bulgaria, and where i will probably never go again, cause i was threatened that the police will be sent on the border to check my bags for acid. Of course i will not go to any party where they think like this, but i just say it is silly ridiculous and everything you can think of. Cause in such countries people do take drugs ( alkohol) and are much more addicted to it than we are addicted to acid!!!
Yea, Bulgaria is pretty harsh….I think the first time you are caught driving drunk, you go to jail. The second time, they put you in front of a firing squad. As in, you are killed. But Hungary, Romania….all the way up to the Baltics….Eastern Europe is great. Poland is where I first discovered psytrance actually.

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:55 pm

time wave zero wrote:
So you would consider leaving the music scene you enjoy if 51% of its populace are against drug use? Drugs are more important than the music?
well, i would consider stop going to parties, just because i would feel threatened in my human rights to do whatever i consider to be right for myself. and as i think that freedom is the most important thing in life at all, i would consider just stop going to parties where people are so intolerant toward the freedom of others.

i am not addicted at all, i only take acid very very seldom, but i would feel threatened just by the vibe of such people, you know? cause i am convinced that psychedelics have always played a very important role in any society and i consider them to be good , if they are used properly. dont want to convince you, just want my rights to think like that and to use them.
and if 51 percent of the people at a party see only bad things in them ( addiction and so on), then it means that people like us are not really welcome.

No i didnt have such problems in Germany, here i really feel free!!!!! I meant some eastern countries, like the one i was born in, Bulgaria, and where i will probably never go again, cause i was threatened that the police will be sent on the border to check my bags for acid. Of course i will not go to any party where they think like this, but i just say it is silly ridiculous and everything you can think of. Cause in such countries people do take drugs ( alkohol) and are much more addicted to it than we are addicted to acid!!!

This is the first time ever I heard of ppl that are against psychedelics at parties? In Sweden, or atleast in the region I live in... there is no party without acid ;) Acid and other psychedelics is the most accaptable drug... and those who are against it will not say so coz they will be looked upon as a person that has an weak psyche and are "afraid" of it or its someone that has taken it before and it scared the shit out of them or something..

BUT, we DO NOT accept people that takes GHB into the parties (or before and then comes)... they get thrown out and banned since this drug has caused deaths and made big problems... also... most of this ppl can´t behave and act like monkeys... when we had an party last year we had this rule with no GHB allowed... and IMO it´s up to the party organiser to have their own rules whatever the rules might be... and if the rules don´t fit... don´t go there... simple as that ;)

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:59 pm

TAS wrote:And yes... I have no understanding of "true musical compositions" (wtf that now means? True for you or some "universal music law"?....
But actually you do. I clicked on your myspace page and listened to a song (Keep up the good work...I like it!). You have the constant stream of sixteenth notes over a steady 4/4 rhythm in a bass drum...pretty much a trance standard....kind of like distorted guitars and metal. Im sure you know quite a bit sinceyou are programming these time signatures into whatever program you are using.....

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:34 pm

This is the first time ever I heard of ppl that are against psychedelics at parties? In Sweden, or atleast in the region I live in... there is no party without acid
yeh, i was very suprised as i heard that too. it is more than ridiculous. but as i see, it has more to do with the political past of such countries and not with the dark psy scene....
but i just couldnt believe my eyes first. i left this part of the world many years ago and i thought they had had some kind of psychedelic revolution too but obviously they didnt. generally very intolerant towards acid...

BUT, we DO NOT accept people that takes GHB into the parties (or before and then comes
but how do ypu know that he is on GHB??? i mean, how do you see that?? do you prove the people chemically at the door???
sure, it would be much nicer if ppl would take psychedelics instead of this shit. sorry if someone feels abused, i just write my own view of that. drugs like GHB are seriously dangerous especially mixed with alcohol cause ppl can die!!!! in comparison ppl on acid never die ( never till now in history) and never get physically addicted which is the main thing.
but the problem is, that it is very difficult to stop the use of drugs like this. if sb wants to take, he will! the only thing you can do is to work as a preventative organisation and to spred infos about it , so that ppl are aware what they take at all....

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:46 pm

heathenbrewing wrote:
TAS wrote:And yes... I have no understanding of "true musical compositions" (wtf that now means? True for you or some "universal music law"?....
But actually you do. I clicked on your myspace page and listened to a song (Keep up the good work...I like it!). You have the constant stream of sixteenth notes over a steady 4/4 rhythm in a bass drum...pretty much a trance standard....kind of like distorted guitars and metal. Im sure you know quite a bit sinceyou are programming these time signatures into whatever program you are using.....
Naahh... for me it´s just a game/experiment of a bunch of sounds I think is "ok" to put here & there... but maybe I have some knowledge of what you are talking about without knowing it... I dunno and I don´t care as long as I have fun doing it ;)

It´s like a puzzle of sounds that you try to put togheter... only thing is that you have to create the pieces yourself... that is how I see it...

Anyway... thanks for the kind words =) Hope It will get better when I learn to be a true music composer ;) :cheers Hehe...

PeAcE

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:23 pm

time wave zero wrote:
This is the first time ever I heard of ppl that are against psychedelics at parties? In Sweden, or atleast in the region I live in... there is no party without acid
yeh, i was very suprised as i heard that too. it is more than ridiculous. but as i see, it has more to do with the political past of such countries and not with the dark psy scene....
but i just couldnt believe my eyes first. i left this part of the world many years ago and i thought they had had some kind of psychedelic revolution too but obviously they didnt. generally very intolerant towards acid...

BUT, we DO NOT accept people that takes GHB into the parties (or before and then comes
but how do ypu know that he is on GHB??? i mean, how do you see that?? do you prove the people chemically at the door???
sure, it would be much nicer if ppl would take psychedelics instead of this shit. sorry if someone feels abused, i just write my own view of that. drugs like GHB are seriously dangerous especially mixed with alcohol cause ppl can die!!!! in comparison ppl on acid never die ( never till now in history) and never get physically addicted which is the main thing.
but the problem is, that it is very difficult to stop the use of drugs like this. if sb wants to take, he will! the only thing you can do is to work as a preventative organisation and to spred infos about it , so that ppl are aware what they take at all....
Our country have very high sentences on acid since its classified as an "chemical weapon" here and an "threat to the national security"... But if youre on a party you will not get the punishment for that since the purpose was something else and it would never hold in the court to charge you with those crimes if you just were at a party having acid on you or selling it...

Sweden aint so big and the parties does not have so many ppl... and you can mostly see the different behaviours ppl has depending on wich drug they have taken... But it´s mostly an "scare tactic" to write this on different sites, the flyers etc and to make a stand for something that we believe in and want to get rid off.. and people aren´t protesting so guess they feel the same ;)

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:27 pm

WOWWW 8-[ chemical weapon???? really???? threat to the national security? :D didnt know that!!