What other genres of music do you listen to apart from Psy?

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

jimboomba
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

What other genres of music do you listen to apart from Psy?

Post by jimboomba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:44 am

Hey guys!
im new to the triplag community and have spent some time browsing through the forums and listening to the mixes. Great stuff! I thought what better way to show my appreciation and get the ball rolling than with a new thread, so here goes...

I was just wondering if you guys find any time to listen to other types of music, away from psy/darkpsy stuff...

personally, i grew up since i was like 16 listening to thrash metal like slayer,exodus etc and it still holds a special place in my heart, but i also love a heap of other stuff across all metal genres too

as far as electronic goes i love psy, especially nice dark stuffs. also im a lover of good electro (no gay vocal stuff, its gotta be filthy and fun), a bit of dnb, breakbeat stuff like tipper, etc... and chill too...

also 60's/70's psych and classic stuf like hendrix/beatles/doors/dylan etc

oh and blues n roots and reggae

quite a diverse range i know! but i can NEVER get enough music...

let me know your thoughts/tastes/whatever...

Cheers!

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Death/Black/Heavy Metal, Rock, *core, IDM, Chill&Ambient...

I, personally, don't like d'n'b, it's too simple for my taste..
I don't like the Beatles, sound too cheesy to me..

I like listening to retro, but not very frequently.

Overall, for me, Dark is over all, after that is any kind of serious, heavy, scary, etc. sound like Death/Black Metal, Dark Ambient, *core, after that is the lighter sides, like Heavy Metal, Rock, Ambient & Chill, IDM..

I also like listening to old school goa, I will forever love the Astral Projection vs. MFG live! :D

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:12 pm

I listen to everything but rap and most mainstream music. Classical is STILL one of the genres I listen to almost daily.

Currently, Im big on North African sounds mixed with electronica (Cheb I Sabbah, Burhan Ocal) and "nuevo-flamenco" like Ojos de Brujo.

Been getting back into a bit of black metal (not a fan of the other genres of metal though) like Burzum, Negura Bunget and Ved Buens Ende.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 am

there was a similar topic about it recently:)
:D
my music time budget looks like this:
40 percent of the time i listen to chillout and ambient
30 percent dark twisted psy
5 percent playing classics, gothic and celtic music on the keyboard
5 percent indian chants and meditation music
5 percent non dark psy and non dark full on
5 percent old school goa and psy to always remember the sourse ( not every day but i store my 5 percents for once in a month the whole day hehehe)
5 percent other stuff like trash metal or industrial
5 percent other stuff being guest of somebody not keen on psy

btw i dont believe ppl who say they will always listen to dark psy only all their life;)))). in all these years of trance evolution i have heard lots of ppl who said that for a certain trance style and after two years they were gone or changed directions;))))

Vess
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by Vess » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm

i like and listen mainly electronic music. I listen dark and deep tunes from down tempo to 158 bpm but my old passion and still is the 80's new wave followed from the gothic in 90's ... some times new metal from today

:fly :fly

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:18 am

Mostly psychedelic trance, from prog to full twisted style.. Also some Black Metal, some old 60/70s psyrock (gong, jefferson, etc.), some hiphop for chill out...

And thats it.. But: Psy is what I burn for !! ;)

Mutaro/Destruction Derby
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Mutaro/Destruction Derby » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:17 pm

Trash Metal, old slipknot stuff (dont know how to define lol), psychobilly, hardcore punk..... in the last time i was interested into some industial and drum and bass stuff, but dont have much of these (tips for for good artits would be very much appreciated :grin: ).... and for sleeping some ambient stuff :bangin :bub 8-)

deejayridoo
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by deejayridoo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 pm

for me it always has to be deep, mystic, serious, intense and fractal.
either deeply dark or deeply euphoric/ warmly spiritual :)

psychedelic dub, arab spiritual music, indian spiritual raga, serious classical music (Bach, Mozart, Schubert...), some gothic electronica (Hocico, Velvet Acid Christ, Xenomorph...), serious movie soundtracks, twisted nu skool breaks, deep ambient jungle...

armix
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by armix » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Hello,

I don't limit myself to listening only one music type.

So, at morning, I can listen to Full Power Psy, during the day I'll listen to a mix between :

Breakbeat / Psy / Goa / Monty Python :P / Funk / Rock (mostly the hard stuff) / Acid* / Chill / DnB (I love it :)) /...

The only music I can't stand is basically the very MTV-like stuff (benny bennassi / 50cent / paris hilton (Oh lord, she had to do "music" :/)...

Cheers.

Dark-Dragon
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by Dark-Dragon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:51 am

I usually listen to normal psytrance, proggresive trance, house, some kinds of metal and old-school rock music e.g Scorpions and White Snake, some retro, some R'n'B, and little bit of MTV-like music

GANIKA
Trip Site
Trip Site

Post by GANIKA » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:32 am

when i am at home, i listen to darkpsy triplag genre and nothing else ~ day and night :bangin

unless i am at parties / events where they play all kinna styles of psytrance(progressive, fullon, goa, up/downtempo, dark), psybrake / breakcore, psy drum&bass, psy dub-steps ~ and i do enjoy the music very much :drum i love my family friends :kiss and the vibes ~

:bub

Alien_Assault
    ॐ Vibe
    ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Besides of psy, i like hard d'n'b, ragga jungle, reggae/dub, oldschool breakbeat, acidflash, gabber and Oi!/streetpunk.

I also like EBM, death/black metal, Bach, minimal techno and many other stuff, but rarely listen to.

Things i don't want to listen are all sorts of pop music from Sinatra to house to fullon, and especially i dislike what i call "music for the rich" - boring vocal trip-hop, very weak jungle and similar sort of acid jazz. Though some people thinks this crap is "cutting edge electronic acid" =)

iDyLLiC sOuL
    ॐ Soul
    ॐ Soul

Post by iDyLLiC sOuL » Wed May 07, 2008 9:21 pm

i lik 2 listin to countryyyyyy music , psy rock :roll D: & sphongle ... i really hav gr8t respect 4 dese music really , Beautiful creationss :bub

i lik to dig slipknot , slayer, cradel f filth too smtimes heheee ;)

whn m not listin to dark psy frequencys dat iz :lol:

Blow
    Connecting...

Post by Blow » Fri May 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Industrial/Darkcore, 8bit, 60s, Detroit Techno, oldskool hip hop (early 90s)

D: