Which Platform You Use?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...

Which Platform You Use?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Cubase
33%
Logic Pro
19%
Sonar
No votes
Ableton Live
14%
Fruity Loop
19%
Reason
14%

Total votes: 21

Jaadoo
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Which Platform You Use?

Post by Jaadoo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm

I thought it would be interesting to know.
There are many small groups collaborating, so this poll serves to know about the trend, which platforms are more common making Psytrance.

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Renoise Tracker.

But sooner or later Im gonna get a copy of Ableton Live, so I can play... live. ;)

somarobotics
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by somarobotics » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Ableton Live, my very best friend, hehe 8)

Sandy Klaus
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Sandy Klaus » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:26 pm

for me, "Saint" Logic pro. lol

LSDan
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by LSDan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 pm

None of the above. I use Muzys 2 an excellent qualit low budget host. I have SX3 but only use it for mastering

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:15 am

I found out the base program I use in my custom setup is Ableton software that was combined with some of the best features of Traktor.

I had to do a complete restore on my hard drive and figured out that I have been using Ableton or as close to it as it gets. Too long a story to explain the program in more detail, but it works just like the Ableton on my bro's laptop.

It uses a Traktor skin or skins, and some of the interfaces and modules, but the engine itself is pure Ableton. I love the way it plays FLAC/WAV files. :dance

PsyHye
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by PsyHye » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:13 am

Well i just started trying to use live tonite however the program is completely non functional on my PC. It's missing all the built in samples/files and can't find them. I've removed teh whole software from my pc several times and fresh reintalled many times. Every time it is dysfunctional.

Looked at help files, looked at their internet site can't find anything to resolve problems. I've wasted the whole day trying to get it to work. Anyone know of this problem? It can't find it's own tutorial files and every instrument is missing when i install it, it installs empty folders. Doesn't make sense i've given up all hope =/

Jaadoo
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Jaadoo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:05 pm

PsyHye wrote:Well i just started trying to use live tonite however the program is completely non functional on my PC. It's missing all the built in samples/files and can't find them. I've removed teh whole software from my pc several times and fresh reintalled many times. Every time it is dysfunctional.

Looked at help files, looked at their internet site can't find anything to resolve problems. I've wasted the whole day trying to get it to work. Anyone know of this problem? It can't find it's own tutorial files and every instrument is missing when i install it, it installs empty folders. Doesn't make sense i've given up all hope =/
I don't use Live but it seems that either the Live folders aren't under C: Or your sound card driver is not recognized by Live. In latter case try to reinstall your sound card driver.

LSDan
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by LSDan » Tue May 08, 2007 12:43 pm

PsyHye wrote:Well i just started trying to use live tonite however the program is completely non functional on my PC. It's missing all the built in samples/files and can't find them. I've removed teh whole software from my pc several times and fresh reintalled many times. Every time it is dysfunctional.

Go to setup and choose all the folders where everything you need is. < that'll make more sense when you go onto it.
That may help but I'm unsure. I've only had a brief play with Ableton and I had to set up all the folders.

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Tue May 08, 2007 4:27 pm

I use mainly Logic, to build the projects

use fruity from time to time to write some crazy chords progresions and apregios, its so good on this!!!!!

and I use a lot Reaktor (if we consider it a platform) for making the most craziest sounds and scapes. Its a software form another world...

8)

Sandy Klaus
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Sandy Klaus » Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 pm

OXIDELIC wrote:I use mainly Logic, to build the projects

use fruity from time to time to write some crazy chords progresions and apregios, its so good on this!!!!!

and I use a lot Reaktor (if we consider it a platform) for making the most craziest sounds and scapes. Its a software form another world...

8)
hell yeah Reaktor has a huge sound... as all Native Instruments stuff do.
it's from another planet for sure. lol
:fly

cuboidatom
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by cuboidatom » Wed May 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Ableton 6.
I love it so much!!
Easy to use, absolutely everything you could want to do is all in ableton, no other programs needed (cept vsts of course, but that goes without saying) and we master all our stuff in ableton too.

and its easier to play live if you make yer music in ableton.

Peace

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Sat May 12, 2007 2:56 am

I prefeer good old Reason :P But will re-wire it with Cubase now when I get my new music computer :D