Good kicks?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
GloOMy_PhAntOM
Entering ॐ phase...

Post by GloOMy_PhAntOM » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm

i use the "stomper" (standalone) to create kick drums ;)

DerWanderer
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by DerWanderer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Wanted only to say that there is a version for mac.

http://www.ismism.de/home_e.htm

:crazyfly

puskara
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by puskara » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

OXIDELIC wrote: I dont use them anymore because i make my kiks with synths, i generate them. i hate to use samples...
(a few questions.. :blush)
so you synthesize your kicks and just have them running on a separate channel of their own?
isnt this more of a load on the CPU (than samples) or is it negligible because the synth isnt doing much anyway?
even if you synthesize your own kicks is it better to keep them as live synths instead of rendering and sampling them?

thanks guys! there is so much information on this forum, thank you for sharing your experience everyone!

Ocajian
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Ocajian » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

puskara wrote:
OXIDELIC wrote: I dont use them anymore because i make my kiks with synths, i generate them. i hate to use samples...
(a few questions.. :blush)
so you synthesize your kicks and just have them running on a separate channel of their own?
isnt this more of a load on the CPU (than samples) or is it negligible because the synth isnt doing much anyway?
even if you synthesize your own kicks is it better to keep them as live synths instead of rendering and sampling them?

thanks guys! there is so much information on this forum, thank you for sharing your experience everyone!
You can synthesize your own kicks and then bounce them to audio if you are worried about CPU load.

I always have my kick running on its own channel whether it is a sampled kick or one I created in a synth this is for eq'ing purposes.

If you render your kick at a decent sample rate then it's ok to sample it. But keeping it a synth allows you to change it without the added hassle of then having to sample the new version again.

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rxj3o2qhmm

created this ikick a few minutes ago in FL Studio

enjoy :P

Lfosex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Lfosex » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Sine Wave + Pitchbend, and play with the pitch envelope.

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

they have bassizm for mac andy! silly. :ura

Cosmic Lizard
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Cosmic Lizard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

one word: bassizm haha :roll (it does the trick for me) there are off course other solutions, but i really recommend creating them on your own, that way you can put your own input in it & bring the things you like.. :roll
and yeah it goes for mac aswell for windows. i have it on windows & friend of me has it on mac and it works perfectly on both.

At Ocajian: yeah i also prefer it to be in midi & own channel, i never had trouble so far about cpu % (using Ableton Live) and i practicly use everyting in midi but that just my opinion & my way of going hehe :crazyfly Ableton Live has some übercool functions for saving cpu %, using these things does the trick, rather then switching everything to audio & what not..
peace!!

Lfosex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Lfosex » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 am

Strange that no one mentioned layering, so powerfull.. Widely used not only in music production, but sound design..

The Andychrist
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by The Andychrist » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Lfosex wrote:Strange that no one mentioned layering, so powerfull.. Widely used not only in music production, but sound design..
double true! It's especially blatant (and awesome D: ) in the DnB and dubstep genres, but it's just as useful everywhere else!

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm

LINK REMOVED

Sharing is Good Karma!!! :shocked :roll :bangin

Mandari
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Mandari » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 am

Lfosex wrote:Strange that no one mentioned layering, so powerfull.. Widely used not only in music production, but sound design..
100% A+

sadly no one mentioned this for three sites. imo bazzism is cool but lacks low end. if i go for setting it up for brrrrtttzztt kick for 176bpm, 6k click i.e. 37-43hz low you can give it space you want. it lacks bottom in lows always and will sound fat wit nice click n nice sweep deep down to bottom of low mids, but not in the lows.

for getting the kick like you got in mind, one should go for layers if you´re not able to synthesize it from scratch.