Good kicks?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
madpilot
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: Silkeborg, Denmark

Post by madpilot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

can you explain this layer talking?
i do not follow :bangin

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario / Canada
Contact:

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:59 pm

i think what he means is layering kicks upon each other then shaping them with other plugins afterward. I do this most often times but not all kicks need to be layered to be big on the low end.

If you use FL 9, try using the fruity kick (amp decay knob about 2 o clock) along with Bazzism :P sounds kinda nice

madpilot
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: Silkeborg, Denmark

Post by madpilot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 am

ok fx like i do sometimes, divide my kick into two or three. or just adding an extra sharpening with a kick on top lowcut at 400 hz or just having an extra lowpower and hicutting the extra kick at 50 hz

User avatar
psilopsyben
DJ team
DJ team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:12 pm
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by psilopsyben » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 pm

sorry to bring up a couple month old thread, but I was just going through some I haven't read. I think a mod should remove that last link Plasma Force put up. Bassizm is not free, and that is a link to a cracked version. Sharing may be good karma, and I'm all about "trying before you buy", but posting a link to cracked software on a public forum is like a death nail to the forum. Keep that shit to private messages.

User avatar
Wic|{ed
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Post by Wic|{ed » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:15 pm

psilopsyben wrote:sorry to bring up a couple month old thread, but I was just going through some I haven't read. I think a mod should remove that last link Plasma Force put up. Bassizm is not free, and that is a link to a cracked version. Sharing may be good karma, and I'm all about "trying before you buy", but posting a link to cracked software on a public forum is like a death nail to the forum. Keep that shit to private messages.
you're absolutely right ;) thank you for that psilopsyben

Mandari
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 am
Location: on earth
Contact:

Post by Mandari » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:30 am

i get really sad when ppl choose the way of an artist but steal software that costs just a few bucks. bazzism is FAR to cheap and sure second that. link to cracked software (DAMN 20€, cmon, you gonna use it a lot! :( ) is way to far imao.

the guy who invented that thingy saved some noobs out there a lot of time for no money which should be well respected. you had to spend a lot of time otherwise about reading how to synthesize a kickdrum from scratch. btw you will only know how to get better results than bazzism if you know what its doing ;)

buy the soft u use! share the cost, but damnin buy it.

be smartass, not dumbass, ableton i.e. is like a few bucks with 5 ppl sharing the costs! pm me for further information. i hope theres no need to get in details here ^^

boOM stephan

craic addict
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 pm
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Post by craic addict » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:42 pm

http://www.amvst.com/node/17

KIcklab XL. Freeware.

maartenvandijk303
Entering ॐ phase...
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: netherlands

Post by maartenvandijk303 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 pm

nice one thanks for this

User avatar
Cinder
Vomitstorm
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: ATLANTIS
Contact:

Post by Cinder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Mandari wrote:i get really sad when ppl choose the way of an artist but steal software that costs just a few bucks. bazzism is FAR to cheap and sure second that. link to cracked software (DAMN 20€, cmon, you gonna use it a lot! :( ) is way to far imao.

the guy who invented that thingy saved some noobs out there a lot of time for no money which should be well respected. you had to spend a lot of time otherwise about reading how to synthesize a kickdrum from scratch. btw you will only know how to get better results than bazzism if you know what its doing ;)

buy the soft u use! share the cost, but damnin buy it.

be smartass, not dumbass, ableton i.e. is like a few bucks with 5 ppl sharing the costs! pm me for further information. i hope theres no need to get in details here ^^

boOM stephan
cheers man!

User avatar
Cinder
Vomitstorm
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: ATLANTIS
Contact:

Post by Cinder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Mandari wrote:i get really sad when ppl choose the way of an artist but steal software that costs just a few bucks. bazzism is FAR to cheap and sure second that. link to cracked software (DAMN 20€, cmon, you gonna use it a lot! :( ) is way to far imao.

the guy who invented that thingy saved some noobs out there a lot of time for no money which should be well respected. you had to spend a lot of time otherwise about reading how to synthesize a kickdrum from scratch. btw you will only know how to get better results than bazzism if you know what its doing ;)

buy the soft u use! share the cost, but damnin buy it.

be smartass, not dumbass, ableton i.e. is like a few bucks with 5 ppl sharing the costs! pm me for further information. i hope theres no need to get in details here ^^

boOM stephan
cheers man!

Lfosex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Lfosex » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 am

Take for example the best 3 kicks you've done, and take the one with best lows, eq out everything except the lows, and you do the same with the other two kicks but you take the mids, and highs.. And then you put them together
into a new kick, but i recommend you to do this in a editing software such as Wavelab, Sound Forge, Izotope RX or Audacity, That way you can avoid clicks and pops due to Zero Crossing, The very beginning in a kick Highs, then mids and after comes lows, so you copy for example the very beginning from a kick remove from another and pase it there.. Now what you've got is new highs on kick with the same mids and lows.. Just be creative and have fun..

Hope ive cleared out about what i mean with layering :)
Feel free to ask questions

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Reno, NV USA
Contact:

Post by mudpeople » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Renoise allows more than one instrument to be loaded into each instrument slot which is really cool. VSTi included. Havent experimented with that sort fo thing yet, tho...

Personally I usually dont make my own kicks, ive got a sample set, which i think i got from here idk, with a good selection, just add envelopes, stamps, mail to Santa.

I guess my feelig is that its not too important that it be something i made myself, whats important to me is makin choonz. Idk ive made kicks that i like before, Ill probably get around to making mroe...

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario / Canada
Contact:

Post by Plasma Force » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Joe: is there any way the Renoise team would deliver vstis within Renoise?
kinda like NI Reactor maybe...

JGBVI
no beats in this soul ;(
no beats in this soul ;(
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Good kicks?

Post by JGBVI » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 am

Anyone have any good kick packs? I've found some, and I've tried making some with bassizm, but they just aint dynamic enough for me... They seem kinda flat, and I can seem to get a good sharp punch through the high end

User avatar
Zero-Blade
Psycho
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:54 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: Good kicks?

Post by Zero-Blade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 am

JGBVI wrote:Anyone have any good kick packs? I've found some, and I've tried making some with bassizm, but they just aint dynamic enough for me... They seem kinda flat, and I can seem to get a good sharp punch through the high end
Search for DjN - Pro Samples, it's a 11,6 GB library with tons of samples and instruments. It offers a huge variety of kicks and percussion.

Or if you just want kicks, get Faxi Nadu's kick pack. Or just search for "kick pack" or "sample pack" on google or torrents.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests