FAT BASS-LINES, Do You Want One?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:12 pm

well first of all and looking at the graphics i think you should change the note. if your fundmental is showing at 60hz or your bass note is very high, C1 - C2 or because you have lowcuted tooooo much your bass. also looking at your cronox config i see that at the OSC section it is set to be 1octave up the note, put it on 0, and also I think you have to press the TRCK button which means the sound will follow the midi notes. otherwise it will stay constantly on a predetermined note. Also you have to chek the note lenght of your bass line. one of the most important things is to try to get the sound of the bass as close as we like it without any further "enhancer", all those rbass, maxbass are just to give a further "fatness" or "warmth" to the bass. Also look carefully at Andy's post too. there are some great tips there too, especially for the sustain and the decays. you should push them all the way up. normally just with the sustain it will be enough but try with the decay too. almost no release, and paly a bit with the spread, track and depth knobs too.

Also this tips are for general crunchy rubberlike low basslines, it is a start point to try to continue experimenting, maybe adding another Osc for the midsection? ;)

I hope it will help.
:poor

triplag
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by triplag » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 pm

+100 Oxi!

made a sticky post. we need those Fat bass lines!!!

onionbrain
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by onionbrain » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am

thnak you so much d_alien!!!

this tips are helping me a lot..

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 pm

thak you guys and i really hope this discussion here gave you some push for starting with solid fat basslines ready for further sculpting.

also there are a lot great tricks and tutorials that we all should have read in the page of this great eclectic man vince aka electrypnose

http://www.electrypnose.com/

Zagoan
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Zagoan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks OXI for your reply! It really got me started. Love this thread 8)
peace

wi']['ch
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by wi']['ch » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Abyssus Sator wrote:Dont use eq, use paz analyser or any other eq while doin the bass,lead etc what ever it is till you got any hardware eq.. All software EQ = Bullshit never cuts only lows. Impossible to cut with software. But you have to practice on making the sound wiht paz analyser or any other analyser freq start from 250hz - 14khz on leads , bass freq start 80hz - 1khz-14khz.. etc etc etc..
THE BEST EQ IS NO EQ
totally disagree!

EQ = MAGIC (if you know how to use it), about software and hardware EQ's, don't bother about hardware EQ's, this is not what you need to focus on right now ;) ...please do try different EQ's and you'll find EQ on your taste very soon, they all very different, but best once, which do not color your sound.

PsyHye
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by PsyHye » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Awesome thread.

When I try VB1 in live and open it's automation sliders and set all to the left it still repeats sound to infinity when striking a key.

Is the free VST just broken?

Azeban
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Azeban » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 am

I've not seen the VB1 in live, but I remember a post of Oxi's saying that there's hidden VB1 parameters that are not on the interface.

Is there a "release" control in fold out list of parameters you get by clicking the arrow in the top corner of the plugin on your instrument/effect chain at the bottom? If not, I'm surprised and stumped.

PsyHye
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by PsyHye » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Thx for reply,

Yes Oxi is right about the hidden parameters but even after I toggle them in any way and turn them all left or right or whatever no matter what when I play a note it repeats to infinity until I delete the plugin.

annoying, i guess that what you get from a free VST.

the most annoying part is that everywhere i go everyone recommends using it for psy but I've yet been able to play with it.

Xynapse
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Xynapse » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 pm

I believe there's 2 different versions of VB1, one is red and the other one grey I think.

I'll try to upload it for you later.

PsyHye
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by PsyHye » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Ok, thank you.

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 pm

yes there are diferent versions o vb1. i had the same problems. I cant remember if i just copied the vb1.dll from my cubase to my vst folder though... cant remember. but I am sure that you can find the correct version just googling around. :D

8-)

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Re: FAT BASS-LINES, Do You Want One?

Post by mudpeople » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Ive been very satisfied using a notch filter on my basses around 250-400hz ish (guessing) with a bandwidth of about 70ish hz, maybe 100 (guesstimating), the trick is I use Renoise's native filter which has a great, colorless Butterworth -48db setting thats like aural surgery B) EngineersFIlter is a free VST with Butterworth setting, but its not colorless. I think ElectriQ has a -48db option, also free. I dont ever EQ bass in studio work, that notch does everything.

Sometimes I throw some distortion on there, never hard disto, saturation or slight overdrive and only very very slightly.

Ive been satisfied many times with the fatness just from the synth without anything on the signal, but usually down the mixdown line I end up notching.

Edit: heres my TAL Elek7ro II bank that I use for lives
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mw1dr8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Re: FAT BASS-LINES, Do You Want One?

Post by Plasma Force » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 am

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printview ... 24&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this

Don't know if anyone saw it already

:blush