Interesting RePost from Isratrance

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
The Andychrist
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Interesting RePost from Isratrance

Post by The Andychrist » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm

This link was posted in the Production thread over at Isratrance and I think it's interesting. I'm certainly not perfect in this regard, though I do try to buy the ones I use all the time, and I have a list of awesome crap that I have and mean to buy when I have the means (yeah yeah, I know... I'll go blow it out my pious moon-raker... is that a word?) :blush :roll :blush

Anyway, here is the article: http://www.coolstufflabs.com/consequences.html

WoNK! :crazyfly

The Andychrist
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by The Andychrist » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I forgot to mention something else that everyone already knows... in this scene, a lot of people who are making cool music wouldn't have ever started making it if pirated software were not available. Therefore, this group (which includes me) would not have ever had the idea to buy any awesome software from these companies who are hurting so badly these days. I guess it's a complicated issue, but I have started buying SOME of the software that I use a lot (I plan to buy all the stuff I use eventually :---) ), and I certainly wouldn't be doing that if I hadn't gotten sucked into this awful music production addiction by stolen software peddlers like the internet.

Andy :crazyfly

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:56 am

:yes: 8) ;) :bravo

This is a good read indeed Andy :P

I can see how piracy can pose extremely frustrating consequences, indeed i would buy software i use honestly.

Its not good for anyone to use cracked software.

Freeware is something i enjoy more than commercial products anyhow :D

:drinks

I recommend people read this in realization of the problems it creates

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 am

O:)

eKLeCTRiK
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

EthIkz & SuSTaiNaBiLi-t..

Post by eKLeCTRiK » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 pm

:???: u shUd Buy It WeN It STaRTZ gEnErAtIn SuM rEvEn-u... .  I.e. - sEllIng TRaX :guidelines: Or PayiNG gIgz :dj .. .   N_E-Way, dA BiG d.a.w.'Z gEt PaiD 4 bY KoRPoR8 klIEntz LiKe bIg STuDioZ, lAbElz & BRoaDkAstIng MeDia IndUstr-e..
I B-lEEv iTZ mOr iMPoRTaNT 2 sUppOrt iNDePeNDeNT dEvElOpErz & SPeCiaLiZeD/nIchE vSt PRoGRaMeRZ, nOt 4GeTTiNG 2 dOn8 2 3WaRe krE8Orz e-dEr.. .

oV kOrsE DiS Iz aLL VeR-E rElAtIv SiNCe dEpEndIng oN gEO-eKoNoMiKaL fAktOrz STaTiK prIcEz KaN vAr-e drAmAtIkAl-e In LoKaL vAl-u & A LoT Ov PPL sImpl-e kAn NoT AffOrd 2 pAY (eVeN wIf PaiD gIgz & TRaX).. .    + rEAlIstIkAl-e DaRKpsY (LiKe mOst GRouNDbrEAkIng aRTfOrmz) WiLL nEvEr B A KaSH-kOw uNLeSS U SeLL-OUt & MooV 2wArdz FLuFF-e/fUll-oFF.. .
                                                                                          :Hangman:

Az iT stAndz, i dOn't FiNK Itz So bAd DaT dEEz KoMMeRCiaL fUkkErz SHuD InAdvErtEdl-e spOnsOr ouR krEAtIvI-T..    AftEr aLL It iZ dEr GReeD & EgO-MaNia :hoover dAt iZ kIllIng oFF OUr DaNCe-flOOr.. :cry:

JuST mY 2¢ :grampa

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Re: EthIkz & SuSTaiNaBiLi-t..

Post by Plasma Force » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 pm

eKLeCTRiK wrote::???: u shUd Buy It WeN It STaRTZ gEnErAtIn SuM rEvEn-u... .  I.e. - sEllIng TRaX :guidelines: Or PayiNG gIgz :dj .. .   N_E-Way, dA BiG d.a.w.'Z gEt PaiD 4 bY KoRPoR8 klIEntz LiKe bIg STuDioZ, lAbElz & BRoaDkAstIng MeDia IndUstr-e..
I B-lEEv iTZ mOr iMPoRTaNT 2 sUppOrt iNDePeNDeNT dEvElOpErz & SPeCiaLiZeD/nIchE vSt PRoGRaMeRZ, nOt 4GeTTiNG 2 dOn8 2 3WaRe krE8Orz e-dEr.. .

oV kOrsE DiS Iz aLL VeR-E rElAtIv SiNCe dEpEndIng oN gEO-eKoNoMiKaL fAktOrz STaTiK prIcEz KaN vAr-e drAmAtIkAl-e In LoKaL vAl-u & A LoT Ov PPL sImpl-e kAn NoT AffOrd 2 pAY (eVeN wIf PaiD gIgz & TRaX).. .    + rEAlIstIkAl-e DaRKpsY (LiKe mOst GRouNDbrEAkIng aRTfOrmz) WiLL nEvEr B A KaSH-kOw uNLeSS U SeLL-OUt & MooV 2wArdz FLuFF-e/fUll-oFF.. .
                                                                                          :Hangman:

Az iT stAndz, i dOn't FiNK Itz So bAd DaT dEEz KoMMeRCiaL fUkkErz SHuD InAdvErtEdl-e spOnsOr ouR krEAtIvI-T..    AftEr aLL It iZ dEr GReeD & EgO-MaNia :hoover dAt iZ kIllIng oFF OUr DaNCe-flOOr.. :cry:

JuST mY 2¢ :grampa
I agree bro :P greed is a bit of a factor toward the larger software corporation companies sadly

Money can do wonders, but only within a limited area!

Specter
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

Post by Specter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Its a complicated issue.

Do i use copied software? Sure, dont we all? Specially with the price of some software :roll

But i think if one have money enough ow when its uses something to make money then should pay for it.

Music i also download as i cant buy everything that is released but damn sure i want to listen it :cs

But like i said in the beginning is a complicated issue :bangin

moondoggy
Entering ॐ phase...

Post by moondoggy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

just random thoughts from a guy who doesnt think capitalism as a metaprogramming agent is a good thing...its no secret software is cracked and shared, if your goal is just to make money why get into that business in the first place..maybe i just worship the wrong calf tho

mudpeople
ॐ Mind
ॐ Mind

Post by mudpeople » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am

I think that it allows talented individuals without monetary means to realize their potential, using cracked software. I don't agree that its necessary, and I dont really advocate it, but, the things Ive made with 'borrowed' software sound better, faster, than stuff Ive made with freeware (many exceptions, Synth1 Im looking at you).

Its all about allowing artists to use the proper tools, imo. I see it as akin to allowing a sculptor access to all the free clay and pottery tools, not as a way to make an untalented person into an artist, but to allow the real potential of a real artist to be allowed all the freedom to become great.

I totally will buy all the software i use someday when i have about 10 grand USD to spend (saw the Waves Diamond bundle at Guitar Center today- 3,000 USD :shocked ).

Its abused for sure, people get a cracked Cubase and a rack of cracked synths and think its some kind of surefire way to become a producer. But I would rather allow the jerks that freedom than deny artists the flexibility allowed by higher-end software.

If only one could download a kiln, tons of clay, knives and various tools, and a wheel, then anyone with a pottery bent could become the next... Well I dont know any famous sculptors off the top of my head...

I just think, theres all these talented people who want to exercise their talent, and aren't able, so its something of a gift from the Universe that us electronic musicians have the ability to utilize professional tools while living modestly. Not everyone has a high paying job, or even if they do there are lots of things that take precedent over music software. Should they be denied the realization of their talent? Thats teh question IMO.