What's up here ?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
Samitschkie
The beat is born
The beat is born

What's up here ?

Post by Samitschkie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:44 pm

So guys, I very like this site, it's exactly what I was looking for.
It makes me unhappy to see the inactivity here, and I'd like to help get it more active!
So i first talk a little about me (Skip next part if unintrested ;) )

I'm John and when I had my first Acid Trip i fell in love with psy, especially fast psy :bangin
So i was DJing Tribecore and such stuff before, but since this experience it simply was psy!
Shortly after I met producer in my hometown and made friends with them, and shortly after this I had to make my own sound, I have a long way before me!
Since I started I'm soaking all stuff of knowledge into my mind and experimenting and trying and all of this :)
And by now I got my first projects I'm proud of ^_^
Unfortunatly my first full-length track isn't only one of them, but I think it's because I didn't got much Feedback- good or bad -for it and I would love to hear what u guys think!

So I am using Ableton Live 9 and Albino to create my sound, and I'm happy for every hint u can give me. And here's my first full-length track: https://soundcloud.com/djon5/chaos-magik-190

I'm a kind of Hippie-person and that's why I wish lot of love to ya'll and intrest and energy to make this forum big again!!

drunkhorse
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Re: What's up here ?

Post by drunkhorse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:52 am

So it's 1:00 am here, and 2 Liters of mountain dew has prompted me to actually review [calling it a review, ha] your track. Because I'm not going to sleep soon anyway.

First off your lead sounds aren't bad, your not afraid to push the distortion up a few notches, which is cool. You use Albino? albino is great for fm synthesis, especially really aggressive fm leads. I noticed a couple fm rises, did you synth those yourself? Next, the latter part of the track felt like it had more energy, and here's why. the bass note sets the "tone" or mood of the track so to speak. Early on the bass note changes seemingly at random with no real structure (an all too common feature in hi-tech) making it hard to follow along. Latter your bass note changes in sections, 8/16/32 bars etc. re-emphasizing the intensity of the lead as it continues to play. I like the more rhythmic leads you used. Unlike in say, forest psytrance for example. Where lead rhythm is often created using delay. hi-tech rhythm focuses on individual note patterns. Those leads could have been more upfront and in your face within the mix. Lastly, I know hi-tech sound usually uses a higher pitch bass note. But I feel like the cutoff frequency of your bass was to high. Bass is a very personal taste though.

Also, followed on SC

Samitschkie
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by Samitschkie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Nice to hear an answer :yahoo

Yeah actually I'm using albino and Ableton's Operator, for the FM Sounds I used Spectral, but since sometime I use all 3 of them for this. One of these was a Albino Preset and the others I created myself following a tutorial and making small changes to my taste :)
With the leads I got better I think, but my actual projects aren't finished :D
For the bass I already made a change but I think i will go on to other projects because it's more comfortable for me :witch:
thanks for the follow ^.^, what's your sc account?

drunkhorse
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by drunkhorse » Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 am

Samitschkie wrote:what's your sc account?
D_drive