Yaminahua, Psykovsky, Orestis & co retrigger effects

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
Ninmenju
no beats in this soul ;(
no beats in this soul ;(

Yaminahua, Psykovsky, Orestis & co retrigger effects

Post by Ninmenju » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am

Hi,

I'm a new user on an almost dead music production board, but hopefully there's still somebody here who will see this ! I would have love to post this on Isratrance, but I can't stand the blue background, it just kills my brain.

So, I produce darkpsy since a little bit more than two years, which follow forteen years of music production in various areas of electronic music.

These days I'm trying lots of new things, I needed to achieve specific sounds I have in mind, including retrigger effects on almost everything, just for seeing how it goes. Sometimes it is sound, sometimes it is not.

It seems to hide lots of signal theory I don't know, I guess if, for example, I use the same frequency in my retrigger (I use Ableton Arpeggiator for this) and in a flanger (I use TAL flanger but I don't like it, I didn't find a flanger that really suits me yet), it will achieve this galaxy feeling I have when I listen to something like Doors of Perception by Psykovsky and Kasatka.

But it seems I do not got it yet. I'm not really gifted with flangers and classic sounds. In two years, I managed to have a lot of things ; but flanger and retrigger I still struggle with. If somebody have a clue, it would be nice to talk about this !

Last thing that was killing me was snares. It seems every snare I used never wanted to fit in my track. Until I found my holy grail : snares of the 80s. I mean, when I found these gems, used it and eq'd it, it was like I understood one of the most guarded secrets of the universe. So this is my two cents, if somebody still doesn't have his Darkpsy snares right.

More than asking, I would like to thank a few users in this board, I learned a lot of things on Darkpsy and music production here. Oxidelic, you killed me with the Stillwell EQs. And I don't know who said that VB-1 suits Darkpsy, but thank you, I would never have figured alone that crappy little piece of software would do such tight and mental basslines.

So, hopefully I will be answered !

Cheers.

Samitschkie
The beat is born
The beat is born

Re: Yaminahua, Psykovsky, Orestis & co retrigger effects

Post by Samitschkie » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Oh Bro,
I'm also new to this forum, why is it so less used these days :(
Unfortunatly i have no Idea for your problem,
Alot of delay and Apreggiators could work for this?
Don't forgeet about this forum bro! :drinks

drunkhorse
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Re: Yaminahua, Psykovsky, Orestis & co retrigger effects

Post by drunkhorse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28 am

Ninmenju wrote:It seems every snare I used never wanted to fit in my track. Until I found my holy grail : snares of the 80s
Ugh, all the time spent fussing over getting the snare sounding right and still being transparent enough in the mix, i'd like to have torn my hair out sometimes. When you say "80's" I think of a super hollow, bang on a metal trashcan kind of sound. But maybe it's worth a try. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Ninmenju wrote:when I found these gems, used it and eq'd it, it was like I understood one of the most guarded secrets of the universe.
Sounds like when I realized that "that sound" I had heard 10,000 times was simply a kick drum reversed :/
Samitschkie wrote:why is it so less used these days :(
I think it was created right around the time the psy/darkpsy scene first started in the US, and there was more hype about it at the time. But there isn't any shortage of darkpsy producers really, and with hi-tech being a thing now, who knows? Maybe there all in some secret IRC chat somewhere.