Page 1 of 1

UV-fluorescent string for string deco in the USA??

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 am
by idosedthekoolaid
just curious...

i am having to use acid dyes and wool to create fluorescent string for a deco project for our stage @ Interfuse (midwest regional burn) and was just wondering where US folk have obtained UV-reactive string for this sort of thing.

It's gotta be available somewhere but I sure can't find it.

Sure, there's mason line from the major hardware store chains but it doesn't come in decently priced bulk and only one color fluoresces well (pink).

I got blue covered since most whites give a nice blue under blacklight but other colors I can only find from a company in the UK (stylecraft makes a few, which are available on glowshop).

any ideas? :)

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm
by moondoggy
move to the UK??


Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:42 pm
by idosedthekoolaid

not to worry, i gots dye on the way, like hell i'd let all the work i did on those 15 or so equilateral 4'8" triangles go to waste :)

and as mentioned in other places, spraypaint will rescue us if for some reason other plans fail ;)

shoulda looked into that part of it waaay earlier, but just assumed something would turn up stateside.

as for moving to the UK...i LOVED my visit to london but DAMN they are SO overpoliced there. CCTV EVERYWHERE

oh yeah...and i really like my guns :D