Off Air: Don Peyote "peyote dreaming" DP Recording

For all Chill Trips, Dark Ambient, Downtempo and IDM CD/EP and other media releases, DJ mixes & live sets.

Moderator: margherita

margherita
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Off Air: Don Peyote "peyote dreaming" DP Recording

Post by margherita » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm

Exelent release by one of the best Australian artists.....
On Air :good:

Title: Peyote Dreaming
Artist: Don Peyote
Label: Don Peyote Recordings
Catalog Number - DP003
Distribution www.arabesque.co.uk

Track list:
01 Bag One
02 It's Me Ernesto!
03 In Havana (Monsoon Remix)
04 Rainforest Bamboola
05 Born African (One Love Dub Mix)
06 Flutio Interlude
07 Song For André
08 2012 A Dub Odyssey
09 Aqua Dub Remix
10 Peyote Dreaming
11 Phoenix Rising

www.donpeyote.com

Promo text:
Peyote Dreaming the long awaited solo album by Melbourne-based musician/producer Don Peyote aka Yvon Mounier.
Peyote Dreaming is an eclectic sonic odyssey that journeys to the far corners of the globe, all the while being set against the natural ambience of the Australian rainforest.
This is a timeless release that evokes the true organic resonance of the Australian continent as a fusion of inspiration from both the indigenous and modern multicultural landscape.
Combining crisp production with intelligent arrangements Don Peyote draws upon global indigenous influences, otherworldly musical traditions and dub electronica influences to create an intricate soundscape -- where every moment counts.
Peyote Dreaming is the sound of now! Deep dubbed out fat bass beats, that are as wide as a ‘post code’, lusciously wrapped and surrounded by the organic electronic sounds the global groove culture has come to love and cherish. This is a cutting edge full emersion into where electronic music is today and the whole album is a classic master mix. Whether it be global groove, psy-dub, intelligent temple beats, or doof dub this latest release from Don Peyote is destined to fill the summer sound systems and groove zones around the planet for years to come.
The album offers 11 tracks of eclectic, world-influenced, visionary down tempo fat dub and bass. Featuring flutes and sax by Dan Richardson and didjeridoo by Australian maestro Ganga Giri.
Peyote Dreaming is a culmination of 3 years of work in the studio and follows upon Don Peyote’s previous album 'Are You Peyoted?' (2000).

Buy at :
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3968
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dpy/dpy1cd003.html

Enjoy :lol:
Last edited by margherita on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

tanina munchkina
no beats in this soul ;(
no beats in this soul ;(

Post by tanina munchkina » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:31 pm

What a beautiful release!
A trippy journey around the world without leaving your couch!
Bravo Don!

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Very nice and completely blissful and trippy for a busy Friday at work.
I was just listening to the chill stream right as I was leaving work and when this was on everyone was asking what it was.

What a way to end a workweek and start a Solstice weekend under a full moon. I'll for sure get this to mix in some chill sets for my upcoming chill gigs and radio shows.

Much respect. I just started getting into the chill side again and this is making me want to go out and load up my mixbox so i can spin stuff like this after a long night of the dark trip.
:cs :cs :cs :cs :cheers :cheers 8) 8) 8)

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 pm

I finally got to hear this again on-air when I was relaxing today getting ready to do about 6 hours of mixing tonight.

I've got a copy now, so I'll be using it to spin some dub and chill tonight.

An all around perfect album that represents all sides of the psy chill and ambient world. The perfect mix of styles for any type of chill session.

The dub on here is absolutely amazing, some of the best I've heard in a while. I had all the Rasta's grooving on Born African a few minutes ago.
The JahFarI and Twisted Riddims crew give their proper respect and blessings to Don Peyote.

Jah Bless and Increase my brother! Much Love!
:bananadance: :cs :Bo :love:

This is an stunning album that can cross so many music barriers. World Beat, psy, dub, ambient, jungle, tribal, and spacey, electronic trippy music that can play on any dance floor or in any type of setting.

This is my favorite electronic album so far this year. I just picked up another CD copy to leave in the mix box for our dub nights, and I will be getting all my friends to get a copy for themselves. It's going to be a favorite of the dub and world music nights and the local radio shows for a long time to come.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

This is an absolute must have for any shamanically inclined DJ who wants to take his people on a trip they won't soon forget. The crowds love it when they hear this one start playing.

I had a copy of RU Peyoted way back when I was doing chill in 2000, but I completely forgot how good Don was. Amazing, wish I could find RU again, but this new album is even better in my opinion.

lusitanobarbaro
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by lusitanobarbaro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 am

this is strong... very strong... :dj