Suomisaundi

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Suomisaundi

Post by Alien_Assault » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am

Honestly, i can't get what Suomisaundi is all about. Having heard that this is *most experimental and freeform genre of psytrance*, i listened to some releases, and there's no samples that good old Astral Projection haven't used in 90's.
Maybe someone point me to some interesting suomi trance (and yes i know what's Antiscarp and listened to their free stuff) ?
The only track that i liked is Pradox - Hypno.
I can't think that Kluster is a part of this trend, as their music is darker and rich, has unique sounds and good mastering.
The thing that gave me some frustration is that there's some attitude like "you dark freaks go to your dark-hardcore parties while we share Truly Psychedelic Experience and are in PLUR heaven" (but someone forgot that R means Respect)...
And i don't know nothing new or special about this trend.
I think that beyond dark there's some interesting and original psytrance like Scorb, Fractal Glider, Lotus Omega.. But these "wannabe-Astral-Projection" aren't ones. I'd better take old TIP.World compilations to listen to soft and *mushroom* trance, than these trendy tracks.
To conclude my rant, i cannot tell i *know* Suomi scene and may be all wrong about it. If anyone can help me to correct view on the subject, i'd be glad to.

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:58 am

Suomisaundi (sometimes called suomistyge, suomisoundi, or spugedelic trance) is a style of freeform psychedelic trance, originating from Finland. Suomisaundi literally means "Finnish sound" in Finnish slang. The term "spugedelic" is comically derived from "psychedelic" and spuge, meaning "an alcoholic" or generally a bum in Helsinki slang.

Maybe this will help you expand your known Suomisound albums:
http://forum.isratrance.com/suomisaundi-albums/

:bub

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:16 am

Thanks!
Didn't know Squaremeat & Crazy Ducks are "suomi" too (and they cannot be called "wannabe-Astral-Projection" of course). Funny to see this poor translation from aeroboard.ru =)

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:44 am

After reading two threads on Isratrance forum i'm still confused.
They even labeled Psyko Disco "suomi", must have no clue that is 90s project from US (and i think that's because some soumisaundi tends to sound like).
I like one post there, saying that soumisaundi needs more DJ support. Probably if i'll listen couple quality DJ sets of this genre, then i'd get a picture.

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:21 pm

I like that sound ALOT :bub It's all that I can say.. hehe...

Ledroid
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by Ledroid » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Finnish Psytrance Rullez ! its still working with your mind and have a realy spiritual mandness...

Ain-Soph
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by Ain-Soph » Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm

i think you are quite insulting to these suomi-artists...
the style also originated in the 90's so it's normal that it has lots of influences from the 90's...
spugedelik (i rather use this term for the suomi genre) is just the most psychedelic psytrancegenre there is,
it's the only genre that stayed true to releasing psychedelic music and that's something you can't say about all psytrance genres.....
maybe you are too busy with the dark vs light in your head....cause i never had a feeling suomi-followers were disrespectful to darkpsy people

you better know what you are talking about before ranting on some forum,

here's a link to a nice spugedelik set:
http://forum.isratrance.com/ain-soph-an ... psytrance/

Gergo
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by Gergo » Sat May 24, 2008 9:46 pm

i would say Puoskari, Exuus, Calamar Audio, Salakavala, and Finntroll ehehe
:roll

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Sun May 25, 2008 5:44 am

Ain-Soph wrote:i think you are quite insulting to these suomi-artists...
the style also originated in the 90's so it's normal that it has lots of influences from the 90's...
spugedelik (i rather use this term for the suomi genre) is just the most psychedelic psytrancegenre there is,
it's the only genre that stayed true to releasing psychedelic music and that's something you can't say about all psytrance genres.....
maybe you are too busy with the dark vs light in your head....cause i never had a feeling suomi-followers were disrespectful to darkpsy people

you better know what you are talking about before ranting on some forum,

here's a link to a nice spugedelik set:
http://forum.isratrance.com/ain-soph-an ... psytrance/

Don't get that any personal, but you're lucky with never meeting this attitude when soumi fans looks down on everyone else =(
What comes to releases, you may check the free releases forum.
I don't care about "dark vs light", but i care about art vs nonsence & commercial crap. No point in rolling same samples for 15 yrs or making trendy remixes for Ibiza ppl =(
As u're not in charge of this forum, you shouldn't decide what i rant about here. Maybe on isratrance =)

Ain-Soph
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by Ain-Soph » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 pm

i think you got a wrong idea about the suomi-scene
especially that art vs commercial-crap thingie.... :p
from al those suomi artists whome you think are trendy artists there is only 1 that makes his living with making music....
the rest still have a dayjob...and even though i think it's hard for them, they partly accepted their projects as being hobbies

Pepe (squaremeat) still works in the construction bussines, and not a deskjob . yes, catch his commercial vibe....cause he makes so much money with it that he still gets up at 5 in the morning to do backbreaking work to earn a living. :p

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 am

i like Squaremeat, as i noticed above =)

psychobozo
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by psychobozo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:38 pm

I really like Texass Faggott, Squaremeat, Salakavala,Haltya and more...anyways what im trying to say you cant compare Astral Projection with Suomi type of music since Astral playing Goa (at least they use to i havent heared them in a while now).
Suomi is less "angry" music than dark or actually the rest of the type of trance (im not inclouding "full on" cause i dont see it as a Trance).
Suomi is mostly a cheerful music and got alot of beats .
I can recommend u to listen to Nam - Shub they took Suomi and Break bit and mixed it together and its a insane combination! ! !
with suomi u wont see people in parties on E that breaking their teeth with a hate look in their eyes and telling u that they love you or tell you how good the music is...you'll see happy people having pure fun and full of love.
you should try to listen to:

Texass Faggott - jaeaeteloeautomaatti.
yes, this is the name of the song its abit long but its very cheerful song and its one of my fav'.

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

I've heard Nam Shub of Enki, though wasn't highly impressed. At least it is really innovative, contrary to these tracks that consists of Astral Projection samples with some 8-bit chiptune.
I wish to make point that i don't think suomi is commercial (as long as there are many free releases).
What really frustrates me is the attitude i wrote above, and i have nothing against suomi style in general, just can't understand what's so wonderful in old samples.

PS: listened Texas Faggott - Jaateloautomaatti now, cant'say it's bad, but it's definitely not the style i'd like to hear at psy party, and all samples are old again

psychobozo
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by psychobozo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Most of the people that i've known that didnt like suomi started to like it after a while its like something you cant escape from :P
This type can be hard to like at first for most people especially to the kind that like the good old Goa but you will find it amazing in the time being and probablly find yourself having the same convarsation with someone only this time you'd be the one that convincing that it is good ;)
dont try to like it just let it be every now and then try to listen to a song and i asure u that at least one out of 5 songs you will like. and eventually you will like it all! and you'll be one of us mwahah...sorry dramitic moment ...

Alien_Assault
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Alien_Assault » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:34 pm

psychobozo wrote: dont try to like it just let it be every now and then try to listen to a song and i asure u that at least one out of 5 songs you will like. and eventually you will like it all! and you'll be one of us mwahah...sorry dramitic moment ...
:roll interesting perspective. but i don't tend to like one style or another, i mostly like particular artists than any style, so i'd better listen to my fav artists (not excluding Squaremeat or Crazy Ducks) than force myself to like some style.