What other genres of music do you listen to apart from Psy?

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

sergeantpepper666
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by sergeantpepper666 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:23 am

Some of my fav Metal + Hardrock bands:

Aborym (Black Metal)
AC/DC (Hard Rock)
Anaal Nathrakh (Post-Black Metal)
Arcturus (Black/Folk Metal)

Behemoth (Blackened Death Metal)
Belphegor (Blackened Death Metal)
Bloodbath (Death Metal)
Blut Aus Nord (BLack/Atmospheric Metal)
Bolt Thrower (Death Metal)
Borknagar (Black/Folk Metal)

Cannibal Corpse (Death Metal)
Carcass (Grindcore/Melo-Death Metal)
Carpathian Forest (Black Metal)
Cattle Decapitation (Death Metal)
Chrome Division (Hard Rock)

Dagoba (Cyber Metal)
Death (Death Metal)
Decapitated (Death Metal)
Dimmu Borgir (Black Metal)

Emperor (Black Metal)
Ensiferum (Folk/Viking Metal)
Equilibrium (Folk/Viking Metal)
Exodus (Thrash Metal)

Fear Factory (Cyber Metal)
Finntroll (Folk Metal)

Goreguts (Death Metal)

Hail Of Bullets (Death Metal)
Hammerfall (Power Metal)
Helloween (Power Metal)
Hypocrisy (Melo-Death Metal)

Immortal (Black Metal)
Impiety (Black Metal)
Iron Maiden (Power Metal)

Kataklysm (Melo-Death Metal)
Kreator (Thrash Metal - Slayer clones)

Massacre (Death Metal)
Mayhem (Black Metal)
Mettalica (Thrash Metal)
Morbid Angel (Death Metal)

Naglfar (Black Metal)
Napalm Death (Grindcore)
Necrophobic (Blackened Death Metal)
Nile (Egyptian Themed Death Metal)

Old Man's Child (Black Metal)
Opeth (Black/Death/Folk/Prog Metal)

Pantera (Thrash Metal)
Pungent Stench (Death Metal)

Red Harvest (Industrial/Cyber Metal(

Satyricon (Black Metal)
Sepultura (Death/Tribal Metal)
Slayer (Thash Metal)
Soulfly (Tribal Metal)
Strapping Young Lad (Cyber Metal)
Suffocation (Death Metal)

Vader (Death Metal)

Drum n Bass:

Marcus Intalex

Konflict

Dillinja

Nemesis

Optical

Ed Rush

Dom & Roland

TeeBee

Total Science

Source Direct

DJ Ink

Digital & Spirit

DJ Friction

Keaton

Hive

Calyx

DJ Kontrol

Evol Intent

Pendulum (older stuff)

Bulletproof

Raiden

Spor

Concord Dawn

Future Cut

Lemon D

Noisia

The Upbeats

Chase & Status

Universal Project

Vicious Circle

Technical Itch

Calibre

Future Forces Inc

Usual Suspects

Genotype

Dj Loxy

Keaton

DJ Reality

Cause 4 Concern

Future Cut

The Militia

Ill Skillz

Gridlok

Drumsound & Bassline Smith

Dylan

Unknown Error

Shogun

Ewun

Identity

Infiltrata

Kano

Fission

Kaiser

Desimal

Rusher

The Riot

Robot Death Squad

Gabriel

Pish Posh

Donny

T.Z.A

Black Sun Empire

:ura :cs :crazyfly :drinks 8-) :xdance :bangin

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:29 am

I love metal, I hate dnb.

sergeantpepper666
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by sergeantpepper666 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:43 am

I know many people who love metal, whether it be the cheesey power/tru metal sounds, the death/grind, thrash or black metal.

If you bother to checkout some of the ones I listed, they are amazing musicians and I often find it's people's perception of metal that prevents them from exploring the genre, and when they really listen they begin to enjoy it.

I am yet to meet one person who did not break out in a smile or enjoy a few good beers to some Iron Maiden :drinks

I played rhythmn in a "satanic" black and death metal badn from 1995-1999 here in Australia.

I left when I started to develop a genetic form of arthritis in my knuckles and couldn't play as fast, and thenit just got worse until I couldn;t play a guitar :shocked

But it takes a lot of time and practice, I put everything including school and work on hold for those 4 years, and it was worth it ;)

Thing is, that I always just wore my normal t-shirt, blue jeans and sneakers. No leather or spikes or corpse paint, no long hair. I was an actualy nerdy glasses wearing Dungeons and Dragons player who was about as metal looking as Simon P :lol:

I just love the riffs, the solos, the mood it creates. Metal is the best music for just sticking on in the back ground and downing a few beers with your mate, and a brilliant way to let off your steam.

Crank up some full throttle speed metal in the gym when doing weights and it works a treat hehe!

Metal is the one modern music genre that gives all that a musician can give without asking you to dress a certain way or behave a certain way. Most metal head I know are just normal average dudes and dudettes who work 9-5 jobs and just enjoy some damn good riffs :xdance

Drum n bass/jungle.the prodigy experience was the style that I first got into (with :shocked happy hardcore) back in the early 90's rave days, and after that acid techno which led me into the goa scene so D n' B and Acid Tech still hold a lot of respect for me (happy hardcore is funny as :lol: )

Give metal a try my friend, crankl up some Miaden and knock back some beers to "Fear Of The Dark" and if you don;t enjoy it I'll be quiet surprised ;)

Vess
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by Vess » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:32 am

i love gothic rock and some dark metal 8-)

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 pm

audioassassin wrote:
Zero-Blade wrote:I love metal, I hate dnb.
I know, thats cuz your a tough guy. I like metal too, but its kinda weird to hate any type of music. :roll Mayby its cause dnb isnt EVIL enough, but I always heard some dark soundz coming from the scene... :puke1:
Nah, I don't REALLY hate dnb, I hate the same rhythm of the drums over and over and over and over... It's just too identical...

There are only 2 dnb artists that create really crazy music (that i know of, that is).. COOH & OGONEK

But I would never play dnb on my speakers @ home. :)

T-Rex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by T-Rex » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:18 pm

reggae, dub, ska, psychedelic surf, IDM, or something with its own atmosphere, ethno sound)

PROGRESSOR
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by PROGRESSOR » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 pm

i'm a metal-head :shocked

i like bands like QUEEN, SAVATAGE, JETHRO TULL,ayreon, samael, children of bodom, waltari, gurD

i enjoy a lot of different styles, because you can find pearls in almost any kind of music ! ':bangin'

Fantapsy
DJ team
DJ team

Post by Fantapsy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 am

audioassassin wrote:yeah, but does anyone like metal? :Rolf Nice list of DnB, REsPEct!
the first half of his entire list is metal!!!!!!

Yes I LOVE metal, I grew up with it and was a fan long before I found psytrance. I think there is a very real connection and similarity of style between metal and dark trance, similar bpms, similar energies and atmospheres and just a general feeling of catharsis to be found within the music.

In the next few weeks I will be adding a 'secret' section of heavy metal videos to The Darkpsyde, accessible only via a password protected page, as I believe the styles compliment each other well and also believe that many dark trance lovers will also appreciate a metal section - it's the other passion for many.

Actually while I think about it I will start a poll to see if people are interested in a 'bonus' metal videos section!.....

Anyway, I personally also listen to a lot of non psychedelic chill out, hiphop, rock and even really old pop stuff like The Carpenters, The Everly Brothers, The Beatles etc.

The best thing about music is that there is a style which suits almost every aspect of life - music really is the soundtrack of our lives and I for one would be lost without it!

Mark :)

iDNA
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by iDNA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Acid, Breakbit, Hardstep, Hardhop(it is a pity that such good music is no longer produced =/ ) Dub, Reggae, Jungle(especially when it seems like monkey dance :monkeydance :monkeydance :monkeydance :blush ) and Chill, Ambient also. Of life: Oi! ska, metall(like Burzum, Immortal, Imperor...Sepultura 8) ) Other words, I like hard music mostly :drum

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

jo sepultura rules. i am not a metal freak but i used to be many years ago. and i will never forget sepultura. it was so incredibly trancy.