DJ SHAFT(69) - Blazed Out Dub Step Vibes

For all Chill Trips, Dark Ambient, Downtempo and IDM CD/EP and other media releases, DJ mixes & live sets.

Moderator: margherita

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Dub Step, Grime, Bass, Ambient/Psychedelic Dub, Jungle/Ragga, Ambient Breakbeat Dub
Recorded Live

I have been getting back into spinning dubstep and downtempo style drum+bass music again, so I just had the urge to throw down some of the old school sounding jungle style heavy bass dub grooves. I still look back on the mid 90's ragga, dub and jungle/bass underground scene as some of the best days of my life; both as a DJ and as a mad crazy party time when it all looked so good before the sun came up.

I tried to pick the most psychedelic and mind expanding tracks from a huge pile of promo dub plates and rough cut white labels, and this is what happened. This entire set was spun from promo copy acetates or digital transfer copies rough cut to dub plates. There are some glitchy spots and some problems on a few of the transitions because of the bad groove cuts on some of the plates, but this is a live set so it can't be helped now.

I was trying to explore the full range of sounds and styles from the rapidly growing dub step movement, so I hope enjoyed the trip.

MyPodcast Live Streaming Player Link
http://69psymeltdown.mypodcast.com/2009 ... 09799.html
Direct Download and Alternate Play Link (Plays in any desktop player)
http://www.mypodcast.com/fsaudio/69psym ... 436851.mp3

SETLIST:
Intro - Prayers To Almighty Jah
1>DJ Dore + CONstruct - Blood And Fire [COA003-Code Of Arms]
2>Saviour - Darkness Fall [Stain001-Stainage]
3>MRK1 feat. Sizzla - I Got To (Virus Syndicate Mix) [Contagious006)
4>Evergreen & Landlord feat. Danman - Jah Rain (RSD Remix) [12" White Label DJ Promo]
5>16 Bit - In The Death Car (Vocal Mix) [Boka Records]
6>The Others - Africa [DP008-Dub Police]
7>Apotheist - Salvation [Dub Bullet]
8>Babylon System + The Antiserum - California Style [Examination Of Time -Argon]
9>Formal Mutation - Poisoned Tears [Eesti Dubstep Collection-Lejal Genes]
10>D Program - The Traveler [Bay Area Dub Step 01-Full Melt Recordings]
11>Markomen - Unitasker [Red Volume]
12>Babylon System + Noah D - Examination Of Time VIP [Examination Of Time -Argon]
13>Crissy Criss - Fanat [12" White Label]
14>Crissy Chris - Soap Dodger [12" White Label]
15>TC - Where's My Money? (Caspa Remix) [12" White Label]
16>SD & Grim D - What's That Smell?! [Eesti Dubstep Collection-Lejal Genes]
17>Gun Jack - Ghetto Blasta [Eesti Dubstep Collection-Lejal Genes]
18>Prospecta - Place Is Here Time Is Now [Eesti Dubstep Collection-Lejal Genes]
19>The Others - Ganja Man [DP012-Dub Police]
20>Roommate - Sensimillia (Gimme Ganja Rmx) [Bay Area Dub Step 01-Full Melt Recordings]
21>Ripple + The Antiserum - Blaze It [Bay Area Dub Step 01-Full Melt Recordings]

Much Respect and Blessings to the artists whose work was used in this set.
Much love for making such great tracks!
Much Respect and Blessings to the labels that put out the great albums used in this set. Much love for releasing such great music!

Much love and respect to DJ DreadMind, Jah Micah and Ras Malachai for letting me use all the limited and ultra rare dub plates, the white labels and rough cuts.

Much respect and some proper love and blessings to DreadMind and the CLRH20 + T-420 crews for letting me use the Vestax PDX-3000Mix and QFO-LE DX turntables, and the VCI-100 interface mixer and the additional Vestax mixers and recorder.

Yeah, I am also giving a huge shout out to Vestax as well; the new products are totally kick ass!!

Proper respect to Tampa Bay Dub Tribe, St. Pete Tribal Dub Underground Collective, Psydublicius Sound System, Truth Virus Productions, Thought Bomb Sound System and the Mind Bomb Productions Sound System.
------
Hit up my e-mail djshaft-69@hotmail.com if you want to hear some more stuff like this. I'm still playing around with the newer dubstep and bass sounds, but I would love to share some more sets if you want to hear them.

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Wed May 27, 2009 9:43 am

Ahh yeah !! Really cool mix.. I dont know this style so well, but i really like it ! I listrened to some jungle compilations back in the 90s also, the bass is really good for the body .. wow...

Thx for sharing man :bangin

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Man, I was huge into the jungle and bass heavy drum and ragga style stuff way back in the dawn of the movement, hehehe. Creaky old DJ, :xdance :Rolf showing his age :roll .

Doing this style again was so kick ass because it kind of makes a good bridge between the downtempo dub and plays pretty well in a lot of mainstream clubs and in the more commercial after party scenes.

I got some more dub stuff coming soon, the more downtempo style, but I'm trying to find some real bass heavy chill for a floor shaking set.

It's kind of funny that this set is pretty much all at 140bpm or a little higher, but it really has a more chill feel than the BPMs would lead you to believe.

This new dubstep/tech/jungle scene is starting to really cross over and bring in some more psybreaks and psychedelic sounds and sampling. :cs :cs

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:30 pm

I also want to give a huge shout out to Full Melt Recrodings outt of San Francisco. It is basically because someone sent me a promo for Bay Area Dub Step 1 that I got so deep into the dubstep and the psydub crossovers.

Huge thanks and proper respect and blessings to all the crew at Full Melt and all the artists involved with the 12" and CD releases.

PEACE!!!! :drinks :drinks :drinks
:cs :cs :cs :cs
JAH FIRE!

stregone
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by stregone » Wed May 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Yeah the melt release is really good, the first and the second bay cds :)

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:39 pm

lol B.A.D vol1 was alright for sure

The Barry Dub 2007 track is killer

margherita
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by margherita » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 am

On Air :good:

:kiss

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:47 am

Still grooving to this !!! Great great stuff !!! :bangin :bangin :bangin :cs :cs :cs

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:11 pm

margherita wrote:On Air :good:

:kiss
Thanks for putting this one on the air. It has been getting some really good responses on some other forums as well. I got the second part of this one coming soon. I played for four hours that night, so I am going to try to respin the other part sometime soon.

:drinks :drinks :drinks :cs :cs

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

kriz wrote:Still grooving to this !!! Great great stuff !!! :bangin :bangin :bangin :cs :cs :cs
:xdance :xdance

If you knew how long I spent selecting and practicing this set you'd freak out. It took me almost 4 months to find all the right tracks and to really get to know the sounds and stuff, hehehe. :crazyfly

Anal retentive DJ :roll :blush :Rolf

Then I found a bunch of good smoke out tracks I totallly overlooked so there will have to be another set.

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:48 am

I can imagine....... Alot of people visiting my place also comment the mix.. What is this they ask me... And then starts to groove :) heeheh

Will check out your new set if post it also...

420 --- >> :roll

alldancer
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by alldancer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:43 pm

verrrry grrrrreat stuffff, dude 8-)

U shake my brain cells :hit:

:weedman: boomboom :weedman:

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks! :drinks
This one is a mind blower for sure, and I am not just saying that because I spun it. I still listen to this set at least 3-4 times a week.
:cs :cs :cs 8) 8)

I am doing another dubstep set in this general style tonight, and will post it sometime soon.

dreedee
no beats in this soul ;(
no beats in this soul ;(

sweeet!

Post by dreedee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:53 am

DJSHAFT69 wrote:Thanks! :drinks
This one is a mind blower for sure, and I am not just saying that because I spun it. I still listen to this set at least 3-4 times a week.
:cs :cs :cs 8) 8)
hey maybe jah used your body to mix this, innit!!

this is wick3d soundz man! i'ts just flows all the way! thanks!

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Re: sweeet!

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 pm

hey maybe jah used your body to mix this, innit!!

this is wick3d soundz man! i'ts just flows all the way! thanks!
I get some kind of spritual outflowing a lot of times when I DJ. I stopped trying to overthink it a long time ago and now just go with it and thank Jah when things go right.

Music truly is the universal force that everyone can understand.

I'm working out which set to post next, got to live up to my rep, hehehehehe :D :roll :Rolf .