Majority prefer to get released music for free

Announce launch or plans for labels, shops, radios etc.. Free net releases, online identity presentations and psy communities announcements

Moderators: Fantapsy, Vess

Triplag Webradio
Entering ॐ phase...

Majority prefer to get released music for free

Post by Triplag Webradio » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am

Almost 70% of triplag visitors prefer to get released music for free

When we asked Triplag webradio visitors to say where they usually get new releases from overwhelming 49.6% say they get it from Torrent or other download websites.
19.1% prefer to buy a real CD from a shop
12.2% get it from a friend
And 9.6 % get it from legal online download shop and further 9.6% get releases from elsewhere.

Not surprisingly many labels go out of the business after 1 or 2 releases and the whole scene is very much based on a hobby like individuals and spares time effort.

You can view poll and place your vote here
Last edited by Triplag Webradio on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

margherita
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by margherita » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:57 pm

the never end blabla....

for do quality art you need to work on it 100%

support artists, buy theird music,
if you dont like labels, send to artists messages and buy direct from them...

! WHAT THE FUK !

if you dont have money , okey , go torrent,
but
i dont think the user of triplag radio/forum are ALL living in poor families/jobs/countries.....
and
please
dont make me a lesson about
how i should make available free music on the web,
because i have plenty of it, you can download and listen... search it malakas .....

CAPISH ?

margherita
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by margherita » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:11 pm

and by the way
for the 70% and more people who dont buy music:

who you think is paying for this forum and for the radio ?

God ? Satan ? Torrents ?

you fuking ignorants humans, shame on you .... :puke:

:puke:

oCeLoT
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by oCeLoT » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm

i would say this- if you respect and enjoy a certain album or compilation- you can support it by buying it.
i am not advocating buying everything that is released- most is crap.
maybe you filter and check out different things.

but if you like it, buy it. how else will the artists or labels that are good continue? i can assure you enough people are buying shitty releases that we will be stuck listening to bad music for years...

but you have a choice and an option to support what is good, fine, and well made. don't be a coward. stand up for what is good. buy it.

its a bit dis-respectful to just take someones work without giving them something in return... the terms are up to the person making it, not the person who wants it... its the right of the creator- i dont give a shit what you think about modern copyright law, communal property, blah blah, when someone makes something, its THEIRS to determine what to do with it.
if you don't like that, go make your own. if you want something someone else has, ask them for it.

incidentally- you can download a complete album of my minimal techno project LegJobb! you can also download a free EP of my drum-n-bass project NeuroTransmitterZ. click the links below and get busy...
if you want the oCeLoT stuff free, well ive been making that too long and i don't want to give it away free. I am moving away from labels. after my next trance album release coming on Zaikadelic in October (Let's Dance!)
i will be printing my own cd's next summer and selling them directly to you at festivals etc... keep your eyes peeled for that one...

Shen (Mental Records)
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Shen (Mental Records) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 am

I always pay for all my psy (almost always for other genres but I listen to psy %95 of the time anyway) because I want to support the artists and support the labels and basically provide more means for them to release more and better music. I think all dedicated listeners, DJs that love the scene should do the same.

sunnyom
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by sunnyom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:36 am

when the music that u purchase online or from the shop..u are directly supporting the artist in a way...and as a dj who play those music that they bought,they will give a very good energy vibe to the dance floor instead of those who download from the net or so...i personally experience it myself so share with u guys...

i was travelling in Thailand few years back and seeing people selling download and copy psy music on the street like f@#king fish market....is a real shame to see such thing happening....

Pls: Djs who play copy music need to wake up man..u want others to respect u..first of all,u need to respect Artists and support them...this is the most basic rule...

No offence to anyone here..just speak up from my heart

Boom... :bangin

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 pm

A Balance is good, buying some and torrents and free stuff too, i try not to get too much of the torrents and use iTunes every once a while, sadly not all releases are available on iTunes

can't beat em i guess :P

margherita
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by margherita » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:24 pm

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Hardly surprising for me.. Its like asking: Do you want free drugs + Or you want to pay for them ?

I think the way forward is more special releases, releases that doesnt simply copy (like added patches, vinyl, posters, etc etc). It have to be something that cant be copied, limited small releases... To pay a little more for this I think is possible...

The formula of the cd release is a old one now, many people just see it as a another album. I think small limited runs, numbered and with exclusive packaging could be a good way to get more people into biuying.. From the black metal scene this can be seen, where small runs (200 more or less) of releases iis the way forward. Like 30 of the first is an extreme edition with tshirt, 66 copies with patch and so on....

Vess
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by Vess » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:26 pm

open and bleeding wound and dunno if it will heal ever :/

Shen (Mental Records)
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Shen (Mental Records) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:37 pm

kriz wrote:Hardly surprising for me.. Its like asking: Do you want free drugs + Or you want to pay for them ?

I think the way forward is more special releases, releases that doesnt simply copy (like added patches, vinyl, posters, etc etc). It have to be something that cant be copied, limited small releases... To pay a little more for this I think is possible...

The formula of the cd release is a old one now, many people just see it as a another album. I think small limited runs, numbered and with exclusive packaging could be a good way to get more people into biuying.. From the black metal scene this can be seen, where small runs (200 more or less) of releases iis the way forward. Like 30 of the first is an extreme edition with tshirt, 66 copies with patch and so on....
I think that's a nice idea bro!!! I love limited edition releases, makes you feel special to own a copy and like it is an exclusive piece of art, not just a pressed cd copy. I think Cannibal Syndrome and Devil's Mind are onto it ;)

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:06 am

support the artists, support the scene!

I purchase releases on occasion when something worth paying for hits the shops. I don't get music from any torrents, most of the music I have has came straight from the artist or label that the forthcoming music would be on. As a label owner it's sickening to see the amount of people that torrent music...but at the same time torrent monkeys, you are getting lower quality music and dj's whom torrent music the people will know you play weak quality music....HOPEFULLY.

I think we have a reliable group of listeners who would pick up some some weaker frequency's and vibrations.

We @ Anomalistic are going strong with releases, and we have cut back the amount printed due to the lack of support from the scene as a whole, but we won't stop!!

let's see these numbers change for the positive in 2010! spread the word.

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:48 am

margherita wrote:the never end blabla....

for do quality art you need to work on it 100%

support artists, buy theird music,
if you dont like labels, send to artists messages and buy direct from them...

! WHAT THE FUK !

if you dont have money , okey , go torrent,
but
i dont think the user of triplag radio/forum are ALL living in poor families/jobs/countries.....
and
please
dont make me a lesson about
how i should make available free music on the web,
because i have plenty of it, you can download and listen... search it malakas .....

CAPISH ?
I have to agree with you on this one, apparently, if many of the users of Triplag were poor or weren't rich enough to afford a steady internet connection to download albums with.... Its sadly lower quality than a CD :(