Dubstep Discusion Thread- Comments, Requests, General Info

For all Chill Trips, Dark Ambient, Downtempo and IDM CD/EP and other media releases, DJ mixes & live sets.

Moderator: margherita

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Dubstep Discusion Thread- Comments, Requests, General Info

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm

OKAY HERE IS A VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR TRIPLAG!
The horror themed set went over so well already I am now as of January 30, 2010, making this the unofficial subforum/discussion thread for Dubstep.

In my opinion it is a very different thing than the normal chill and psydub and ambient featured on the Chill Trip radio and forum. Therefore I will be trying to keep this as a sort of specific thread related to Dubstep and all things that go with the Dubstep/Grime/Bass scenes and sounds.

As part of an effort to help save Triplag Radio and bring in some new minds and some new support, I will be trying to gather some psychedelic inspired dubheads and dubstep freaks and bring them over here to share some of the Triplag vibes.

Please use this just as a general discussion and request thread and post all sets and music to the main Chill Trip Forum.

----------------------------------------------

Just need some input here. I have a dark dubstep set from Halloween that is all horror movie themed and other dark and horror inspired vibes.

I am going to have to do a bit of a remix and remove a lot of on-air chatter between some tracks, as I spun it live on Sirius radio.

If anyone is interested in hearing this set let me know. It will take at least a day or two to fix it, and I don't want to do all that work if no one wants to hear it. [-o< :???:

Please let me know, because I don't think I have seen any dark style horror themed dubsteps sets, and I would love to share this.
:drinks :cs

After 30 days, or less depending on response I will either remove this post or upload the set and put up a new topic.
Last edited by DJSHAFT69 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmaTTer
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by darkmaTTer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:41 am

hey man i would like to hear it. i lisetened to your last mix on here and i have never heard that dark of dubstep so i would like to hear it

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:48 pm

I am going to have to do a new set during my New Year's Party. The old set is just not fixable.

It took me over a week, but I did find enough dark horror themed dubstep to fill a 2 hour set. I will post it sometime in the next week.

Spinning from one decade into another later on tonight.
:xdance :xdance :partyman: :drinkers: :dj :cs
Last edited by DJSHAFT69 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:36 pm

I was wrong about there not being any dark dubstep mixes. Props to the other DJs who spun the darkness already.

Actually the whole dubstep scene is pretty damn dark already with most tracks being in a minor key or minor key progression. Not hard to spin a dark sounding set, but really hard to find enough horror tracks to do a 2 hour set.

I still have yet to find a totally horror themed set, and I spent a day looking, so I'll score a first on that side of it.

I know there is not a horror set that has been recorded and shared yet, so tonight I will do a live broadcast on the local college FM low power radio station.

I was trying to do a steaming simulcast on my podcast pages, but because I will be at a club instead of the studio it is not possible.

Will post the set on Sunday if all goes well.

Happy New Year to all the Triplag family and hard working staff.

:drinks :cs :drinks :cs

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 am

cool shit ya... i could need some dark hypnotic dub shyt here !!!

Best wishes for 20 10 to you and the rest of the Triplag family.

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I'll post the set sometime later in the week. I am working at a cold weather emergency shelter right now.
I will be slammed with work until at least Wed.

I still have to take out the on-air breaks and some radio station promos, but I will be able edit and convert the set later this week.

Sorry for the delay, but my job is taking most of my time until the middle of the week.

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 am

Okay, I got the set done plus another one with all kinds of movie samples and cinema effect as well.

I'll post the horror set in a day or two when I am done converting it and cutting out the freaking promo spots and on-air breaks.

I am now remembering that a radio set and a radio show a two very different beasts.
:shocked ;) :cs

I will be posting this set all over the internet and about 50 forums as part of a drive to get some outside listeners to help support Triplag Radio.

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:03 am

Very cool !! im looking forward to listen .. GOod job with the promotion also man !!

8) 8) :cs :cs :cs 8) 8)

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry it's taking so long to get this posted, but I am slammed with a lot of disaster relief preparation for Haiti right now.

I also just came off of two of the coldest weeks and the longest recorded stretch of freezing cold in Florida of all places.

I work with the local homeless coalition so I have been putting a lot of time into managing the emergency shelters and food allocation and logistics.

I am taking the whole weekend off so I should have the set posted by Monday. Sorry it is taking this long, but IMO the human tragedies and needs take a bit of a priority over my DJing right now.

And as for the promos, it is all I can do for Triplag right now, but I hope I am not to late to join the fight to save our happy home.
:drinks

PsyientisT
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

:)

Post by PsyientisT » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:41 am

waitin for some horror Mr.dj
fill us up with some spook!
:crazyfly

DJSHAFT69
ॐ Heart
ॐ Heart

Post by DJSHAFT69 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Whoops!! Is posted already!
:witch: :crazyfly
Dark Dubstep Horrorshow.

I was going to remove this post when I got the set uploaded and posted, but I forgot all about it.

Anyway for all else who see this post and miss the set, it is posted right here on the Chill Trip forum and it looks like it is going to be an active thread juding from the # of D/Ls already.