what is dark psy

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

ax122
no beats in this soul ;(
no beats in this soul ;(

what is dark psy

Post by ax122 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:06 am

ok so i used be into dark psy until this weekend when i went to party in nor cal i used to love it i felt so connected with everything about it

but when i was there listening to the dark stuff at night
i had a realization

the music that was playing was sounding evil and dark
i mean like clips of people screaming and sound of people dying
dark and evil vibes were everywhere i could see it was almost part of evil trance state you could call it

why does dark psy have clips of people screaming in horror and dying pain and talk about hell and the devil
for sample xenomorph and other artists has clips of talking about hell and satanic things
songs titled
Xenomorph - Satan´s Presence
Parametrik - Evilgame
Psychoz - 666
xenomorph_-_haunted
xenomorph_-_secret_satanic_hierarchy
Undertaker - Twisted Minds From Hell
Demonic Spells - Silent Horror
Satanic Mutant - Exorcist Devil
and album covers
filled with gore and evil looking pictures

is that what dark psy is really about that has nothing to do with what psytrance is really about

shamanic practices
love community peace reaching Higher State of Consciousness
connecting with energy that is inside us

etc etc

i think everyone should think about this thing next time they hear dark psy

can someone explain to me what hell and satanic practices has to do with shamanic practices because people seem to relate dark psy and shamanic practices

why do artists have evil names and put evil clips in there music
is this the message they are trying to send out if not then why are they putting them in their songs
there has to be a deeper meaning behind all this

to me dark psy has nothing to do with psytrance

Damaru
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Damaru » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:01 am

Copy past from other topic:

Darkpsy can be evil as can be liberating, it's all in our minds, in fact all of reality is conceived in our minds! For me (nowadays) Darkpsy is a method of creating music that is stimuli, stronger stimuli, food for the soul and ambiguously while expression of the soul! Darkpsy is art! Darkpsy is everything you want it will be, good, evil, live, death, no sense, expression of mathematics logic of nature, etc, etc...

Nap
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Nap » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 pm

psytrance have many faces, some people like make music with all the meaning of the world "DARK", and others make music with crazy and distorted sounds (like me), the only thing that the artist have problems is when decide to send psychedelic energy, this music must have a high content of psychedelia, even if the track have satanic names or screaming sounds or high or low BPM

DeepForest
We have a pulse!
We have a pulse!

Post by DeepForest » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm

you touch my concerns..

I have identified a few themes. Most of the themes are easily (or only) recognized by listening to the voice-clips mixed into the tracks.

Aliens / space

Psychological – mind / psychology / lsd

Cosmic – talk about universe in a spiritual manner

Meditation - buddhas, talk about meditaiton

Popular culture (references to cultural symbols of our time)

Horror/gore

Evil/sinister

If you strip away the album art and the voice-clips, I think most of the tracks would not be able to provoke feelings of evilness. Dark psychedelic music is abstract, and without the voice-clips and album-art people will interpret the music in very different ways, which is interesting. Sometimes I do not want the artist to set the theme for me. That is the case most of the times when I hear good dark psychedelic atmospheres, but when I don’t like the theme of the voice-clips. But I love to hear voice-clips relating to the themes I prefer because the atmosphere of the music is enchanted.

This is my first post here! I am a big fan of darkpsy, and consider it to be like a compass for the mind to explore new dimensions. :bangin
Last edited by DeepForest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Nap wrote:psytrance have many faces, some people like make music with all the meaning of the world "DARK", and others make music with crazy and distorted sounds (like me), the only thing that the artist have problems is when decide to send psychedelic energy, this music must have a high content of psychedelia, even if the track have satanic names or screaming sounds or high or low BPM
Many faces of psytrance, just like the many faces of Lord Shiva :P Namaste :drinks

brainraider
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by brainraider » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:38 am

i fell that really dark psy helps us come to terms with some of the harder aspects of life, (ie dieing, the fact that when we turn on news or read the paper all we see is death, gore,struggle,and violence) in a positive way..through dance! just as we can enjoy the bliss and positivity of the light stuff. psy needs balance good and evil, dark and light, cosmic and earthy angles and demons! be open minded and dont play into the samples to much, let them take you somewere! a journey is a journey weather its to a place you want to be or not! :cheers

dreamingawake
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by dreamingawake » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 am

I remember a friend of my uncle having a similar experience, and saying something along the lines of not liking darkpsy anymore because he felt it created a negative vibe and was in a way evil.

To me it's just there to pound at the barriers of consciousness....and I think the screaming samples and satanic themes are just atmospheric, but can work to create whatever you want to receive from them as was sort of stated above. I like the thumping low sounds that seem to permeate through every facet of my mind, causing what I like to imagine as a metaphysical opening that I can easily pass through and slip to the other side...and the high pitch grating frequencies, scratches, and shrill noises that make me feel all like I'm a ball of static. Everything about it....
I really feel like listening to darkpsy has changed my life for the better. Maybe to me, in my mind, it just opens up multiple portals...or at least reveals them.

Who knows though...someone also told me once that it's all just a bunch of "mumbo-jumbo" hehehe.

I really do envy the producers and djs and other people deep in the scene...

much respect from an avid listener of darkpsy XD

fryquenciezz
The Trip Has Ended [banned]

Post by fryquenciezz » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 am

darkpsy apareçe no dicionário ? :Rolf :Rolf :Rolf :Rolf :Rolf

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:42 pm

the evil side of darkpsy is just one of few emotional palettes. Not every music style is at liberty and capable to accommodate such a palette!
;)

darkpsy has very rich and diverse sub styles. However, for me would be also very disappointing if the music at the whole party was only using evil-side colors.

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:31 am

ax122, it is just a step in evolution. It is what made 'darkpsy' famous.

I was innit too - there's nothing more powerful of a trip, than a fear trip in the woods at night. But that was the point, to get over it. After that the 'evil' part starts get boring.

So, yeah, basically, it's a stepping stone in one's life, until they get over it.

Shaped Canvas
The beat is born
The beat is born

Re: what is dark psy

Post by Shaped Canvas » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:24 pm

To me, the sinister landscapes of dark psy are way more appealing to my interest in surrealism than other forms of psytrance. I have listened a lot of harsh stuff when I was younger and I think I got accostumed to less soft and extreme music. As for the contextual matter, I barely care, I actually ignore it. I listen to the music without bothering song titles and so on. And I think of screams as a musical instrument with a lot of energy. I'm not into the obscure. I'm just roaming the desertous and surreal dark psy landscapes.