Problems with M audio Profire and Windows Vista

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
JARJOR
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Problems with M audio Profire and Windows Vista

Post by JARJOR » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I have problems with M audio profire 610 and Windows Vista Drivers so i my laptop doesn´t sound anymore....
I have installed and reinstall a doing everything it should work but wit any succes...
Has anybody knows what can i do with this situation before i decided to reinstall windows?

Thanks

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Try changing the bit depth of the sound to 16 bit.

JARJOR
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by JARJOR » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:46 pm

dsp interface it´s installed but when i connect i windows doesn´t recognize the sound card so i can´t acces to dsp menu to change the bits depth...

It´s should be the firewire cable o things like windows firewall ... i don´t know....

Thanks

*StiTch*
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by *StiTch* » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Vista sucks!
Install Win 7 8)

maartenvandijk303
Entering ॐ phase...

Post by maartenvandijk303 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 pm

check if you got a connection ,maybe your ports are fried
And i you want to change to windows 7 check if there are drivers for your soundcard to work with windows 7 before you change anything

good luck

JARJOR
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by JARJOR » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 am

thankss.....

psilopsyben
DJ team
DJ team

Post by psilopsyben » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Hate to say it, but after I switched to win 7 64 bit from xp, my m audio firewire audiophile worked fine for a little bit, then my laptop started dropping the connection from time to time, then it just wouldn't work at all. I'd get a new sound card and stay away from m audio. They just seem to suck at driver support and I think that is your issue. You could try a new firewire cable, that could be it, but the pessimist in me says it's not.

Kadavr
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by Kadavr » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:11 am

psilopsyben wrote:Hate to say it, but after I switched to win 7 64 bit from xp, my m audio firewire audiophile worked fine for a little bit, then my laptop started dropping the connection from time to time, then it just wouldn't work at all. I'd get a new sound card and stay away from m audio. They just seem to suck at driver support and I think that is your issue. You could try a new firewire cable, that could be it, but the pessimist in me says it's not.
I really wouldn't compare the Profire line to anything M-Audio has previously put out in terms of sound interfaces. Their new generation of cards really kicks ass.

JARJOR try a driver cleaning software like Driver Sweeper (there maybe others?) and remove your m-audio drivers in safe mode. Reinstall drivers. Disable all other audio devises. Set M-Audio as default.

Hope this helps.

But yeah you should switch to w7...

JARJOR
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by JARJOR » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks