Which Monitor Spreaker you would suggest?

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
Blind Fury
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Which Monitor Spreaker you would suggest?

Post by Blind Fury » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

Hey,

I'm looking for new Monitor Speakers and would ask you which you prefer for producing. The last i bought wasn't as good as i need...

A friend told me the "Tannoy Preciosion 8D" should be awesome but maybe you have any other cheaper to suggest.

Thanks 4 your help 8)
Best greetings

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:03 pm

:drinks Tannoy would be my first choice aswell

Perhaps these: http://www.tannoy.com/News.aspx
http://emusician.com/news/tannoy_reveal_monitors/

:drinks

Good luck bro =) hope you find the pair you seek

Bo0M!

iDyLLiC sOuL
ॐ Soul
ॐ Soul

Post by iDyLLiC sOuL » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Namaste BaBa :drinks i would say go for "Samson Audio" ;) Amazing output Wid Ribbon Twitters !!
Ma Friend has those in his home studio an its jus awsome !
Pretty Cheap too :bangin
http://www.samsontech.com/products/prod ... rodID=1778

edit: also check dese out
Yamaha HS80M
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun06/a ... has80m.htm
Last edited by iDyLLiC sOuL on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmic Lizard
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Cosmic Lizard » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 am

hm i should go for mackie or adam :crazyfly
lot of money but quality guarenteed i think
peace!!

Yuu Rei
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Yuu Rei » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

I bought M-Audio Studiophile BX8A monitors recently.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/S ... eluxe.html

Does the job more than excellent :).

hOrror Maze
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by hOrror Maze » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 pm

I hava a pair of tHOse, are absolutly amazing...top quality monitors...!!!

Mandari
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Mandari » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:11 am

i cant repeat that often enough:

KEEP YOUR FINGERS FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS M-AUDIO AND BEHRINGER SHIT!!!!!

so the last stuff i´d recommend is the m-audio, behringer and also samson stuff.

adam is a nice solution, but the facts IMAO and tech specs cant hold the ones of tannoy, at least they´re different. anyways i know many ppl would jump in right now bitchslappin me for that speech :D
also samson is something i would NEVER take use of if i got the money for decent monitoring. theres sure some reason why they cost not half as much the amount of good monitoring.

so if someone mentions he/ likes to buy a tannoy precision 8d i feel free now to give a shout that few of these mentioned solutions here are kind of a very bad joke compared to them.

mackie is sure somewhere upper class in some ranges and one could consider few of them as a solution maybe (did not hear them often). adam a7 or up is also good, anyways i dont like them. they lack low content one could easily mix with a tannoy 8d without the need for a sub....

just IMAO, so ... guess ppz i was the one mentioning the tannoys

:D

anyways, there´s a lot of good stuff id rather buy, which is just a few bucks more. if you´re looking for less, there´s nothing in that price range one could compare with the tannoys. not only their specs and their advanced technics are way off the ones others offer in that price range.

if you got few bucks more like you pay for two tannoys on one monitor, id consider really different stuff like K&H, BlueSky, Event etc.. but for less than thousand bucks and considering to get the most you can get, my choice would always be a tannoy precision. id never go for a reveal, they´re just the same shit than other nearfield low priced stuff. one cant compare a 200€ monitor with a 1000€ one. precision series, especially the 8d with its 8" woofer will blast most of our ones at home.

anyways, i said that all now kinda way toooo often. theres no sense asking others for their opinion, cause basically this does not have to fit yours. so the only way to get an idea of how the differe and how each will sound like, is to spend few days at your local "Music-Store", get a bunch of VERY GOOD music with you, you know very well in its dynamic content, in its mastering etc... to keep it simple: few that you know how true they are.
next you search for their CD player with all these numbers and buttons on it, throw in your shizzle, press that number of the monitors you choosed and have a listen to ALL of them.
and here occurs the next problem. if you got no clue how monitoring differes, how they should sound like, how a true speaker sounds, how they will sound in your enviroment and what are their failse due to their installation now at the store.........one will be blown and surprised at the end. only question that leaves behind is if you´re good surprised or not.

so, at the end no opinion is a help, even not from professional engineers. it´s their opinion and maybe you hear very different to them and dont share their one. so IMAO you should have a listen, best case would be to visit all your friends with decent monitoring at home and have a listen to their stuff. cause sure they got no acoustic installations at music store and if you dont know how that will sound in exactly these, you wont benefit anything.

to KRK...... well, they´re mentioned that kinda often and seem to be used that often i dont wanna mess aroud with them now there are few (expensive) ones, one could consider as solution. personally i dont like their sound and would never go for them.

something i wanna leave about yamaha monitoring. believe it or not, but in some professional studios these are liked to be used to show how bad something can sound on different monitors.

but thats it at the end. personal opinion from each one of us. one maybe more experienced than the other. anyways just opinion and most of us had not the possibility to check all of the mentioned ones in comparison in an acoustically optimized enviroment.

the only thing that really helps imo is to learn most you can about monitoring, compare and learn why types of which are used in these or that situations. at the end a professional mastering engineer will let you know that just one pair will be too less at the end one or the other way.

theres so much one should keep in mind when coming up with acoustics and monitoring. its not done by only buying fat and expensive ones. you could go for K&H O300 and your stuff will sound same shit as before if you dont know how to install and use them correct, you wont benefit. and they will sound deep shit if you just place them on your desk and start a new project.

anyways, also what i told here now is just MAO, so leave it or not.

have fun and talk soon mate ;)

cheers: stephan

Lfosex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Lfosex » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Save your money, and wait.. Dont hurry and waste your money..

ManiacPsychoPro
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by ManiacPsychoPro » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:45 am

Lfosex wrote:Save your money, and wait.. Dont hurry and waste your money..
as he sayd bro
better to work with decent headphones than cheap monitors like Samson
wtf? its sucks monitors
also M audio

about behringer i had the 3021 and very happy from them
now i sold them and useing some Event monitors

i can say that it worth for you to check Mackie mr6/mr8

Boom

kutanimal(Pleiadian)
DJ team
DJ team

Post by kutanimal(Pleiadian) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Lfosex
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Lfosex » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

As i said i strongly recommend you, saving your money, instead of buying little better every couple years.. Save your money, and buy very very good speakers when you achieve your saving you get them and you dont need to worry about speakers in a long! time.., id recommend you Genelec,Adam or KRK..

madpilot
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by madpilot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:58 pm

hey my behringer 2031a gets sad when you say things like that.. now i have to cheer them up :shocked , or crazy astronaut has to do it.

i really dont think they suck. they are so powerfull and precise. I have had mine for over two years now

plunkn / romeroz
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by plunkn / romeroz » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 am

i will recommend Event sp8 :) not so expensive and very good sound in them or go down to your local musicstore and listen to monitors they have there.

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Yuu Rei wrote:I bought M-Audio Studiophile BX8A monitors recently.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/S ... eluxe.html

Does the job more than excellent :).
Yo Ninjah! what did I tell you about M-Audio? eh? :P

darköasys
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by darköasys » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 am

Genelec think are some very good quality / price