"DJane" ??? Please let's liberate ourselves from t

Everythig else to do with our broadcast & website. Post comments, suggestions, questions and feedback! New members, you can say hello here :D

How do you want it to be :

DJane?
16%
DJ?
60%
None?
24%

Total votes: 25

Fantapsy
DJ team
DJ team

Post by Fantapsy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:20 am

Hey again,
Just thought I'd mention that I just noticed sofiaX's myspace address is actually http://www.myspace.com/djane_sofiax .
It obviously isn't offensive to some of the girls!!!!

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:13 am

actually i see nothing wrong with referring to female djs as djanes in the flyers;). recently i read somewhere a discussion where the female djs felt abused because some organizers did not write down "djane" on the flyer but just dj :grin: . so it is all the perspective, i quess there are female djs who are really proud to be a woman, and are aware that they are simply not "equal" because they can give the people a very unique experience derived from the fact that they are females and are stronger connected to the mother earth through the wombs und so forth. it is simply different if you have a female dj in front of you while you trip. and as this is very seldom to happen on parties, especially on dark psy parties, why not mention that the dj is a woman? :grin:

sometimes i would go to a party somewhere just because i have read on the flyer that a djane is going to play. is is simply different and does not happen every day especially if the girl is really able to connect with the spirits in the very unique way that a female can go. and yes, artists like savi may not need this because everybody knows her all over the worls anyway but others are not that known, so actually it is nice to inform the people that a woman is going to play....

so i would say, keep the female power;). it doesn't have to be abusive if you are not treated the same way as a man. at the end of the day, there ARE some differences between men and women that make each of the sexes unique.

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:21 pm

right on Tina!

good words! :cheers

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:39 pm

I want to ask something. Havent you ever analize this word DJANE!!!

what is this? If DJ is Disc Jockey, what is DJane??? Disc Jockey Ane, or Disc Jockeyane, or...???

for me its a house-disco thingy, some ego-scrachin...

you dont say: DOCTOR'ane, or Designer'ane or Driver'ane, or Singer'ane
ahahahahahahahahahha
so all this ANE is just an ego-scratchin... If a female Dj plays great she will be well-known and distinguished with or without this absurd ANE...

but this is my opinion.

aaaaa remember. from now on all female Users will be USERANES
ajajajajajajajajajaja
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yara
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Yara » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:24 am

time wave zero wrote:. and yes, artists like savi may not need this because everybody knows her all over the worls anyway but others are not that known,
????????????????????????????????????????????? :?: WOT?

HAHAHA!!! :cs

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 am

u're already famous cuz i've spoke a lot a bout you to her

:cheers

:bangin

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:04 am

I agree with Oxidelic here. Ego scratching at a high level. Why not let the music speak for itself ? Let the psychedelic spirit live :)

We are just humans living in this crazy world.

vic
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by vic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:52 am

DJane sounds more softer and more intrigue (IMHO)
:bub

not sure it is an ego scratchin... more like a promo/advert purpose..... on a flyer DJane stands out from the usual DJ prefix.

if you continue the analogy then why bother printing artists names for the festival or parties, enough to say what music style it will be....

I think we should leave it to the person (and to the party promoter) to decide if she of he wants to be DJane or DJ.... after all, famouse artsits like Savi(Yara) do not put any prefixes :roll ;) :kiss

Yara
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Yara » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:11 pm

f u n g u s o k wrote:
if you continue the analogy then why bother printing artists names for the festival or parties, enough to say what music style it will be....

I think we should leave it to the person (and to the party promoter) to decide if she of he wants to be DJane or DJ.... after all, famouse artsits like Savi(Yara) do not put any prefixes :roll ;) :kiss

Coz u must know who will play and if u like the artist or dj u will go for sure to enjoy his or her act.....

Maybe Savi is famous but u dont like her style... :lol: so u can decide if u go or not to the party, depend of the line up......but at the end all are djs (in my opinion)....btw i respect all opinions here!

BoOm to all

Savi

faxinadu
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by faxinadu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:21 pm

defo dj
we dont need this djane stuff

<3

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 pm

depends on the language :D . for instance in german you will not say any of the words without a " in" at the end to a woman. so maybe exactly in countries like that the people are used to put a distinguishing part like this "ane" at the end....

Ego scratching at a high level. Why not let the music speak for itself ? Let the psychedelic spirit live
well, imo it would be ego scratching if the person instead of just going and playing at the decks, just keeps continuously saying " look at me! i am a djANE" and we have all seen such cases ...but i thought here the question was more about flyers and information about a party before the party happened. it is an issue of informing. you cannot let the music speak for itself if you haven't heard anything of it but just read a name of an unknown artist on the flyer.
we dont need this djane stuff
sure . excuse my irony but maybe we don'T need djanes in generall too. maybe we can count on statistics and simply put the conclusion that a male producer is generally better than a female producer at least in this scene, so why bother with non-males at all ;))))))))))))))

maybe it is an ego scratching not to be a man? :grin: anyway. good luck to all males and non-males, at the end of the day, we are philosophically one and the same. but culturally not. never been and probably never will be.

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:05 pm

Quote:

depends on the language Very Happy . for instance in german you will not say any of the words without a " in" at the end to a woman. so maybe exactly in countries like that the people are used to put a distinguishing part like this "ane" at the end....
ahahahaah Dear Tina, I was sure you're gonna say this hehehe :bub but remember I was in Germany too so this is a bad example and you dont tell me nothing new, why? because exctly in Germany the names of the professions are separate. male and female. In our mother language Bulgarian you know very well that you can say it both ways, female or male its not an error, But my point is that we are speaking about English! ;) in English you dont put female or male explanation. its Doctor Ana Mihalkova and that's it. So why the only word in English that points a profesion as a DJ (abreviation of Disck Jokey) has to be diferent??? Doyou think the female Drivers dont want to be a Driveranes??? ehehehehehe You see, My Point Of View Is That The Profession That One Executes Is Beyond Male or Female, Old or Young, Black Or White... So in the end you're the person that contradicts yourself defending this absurd separation. Remember, we are speaking about English ehehehehehehe.

Anyway. TRopical Hugs sis
8)

Cinder
Vomitstorm

Post by Cinder » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:16 pm

I live in the southeastern united states...and I for one can say i've never heard of the "DJane" business and that i think its totally obsurred that they're is a seperation in titles for men and women...i know some female dj's that will totally phuk your brain up!! :cheers

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Doyou think the female Drivers dont want to be a Driveranes???
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
cute 8-)

My Point Of View Is That The Profession That One Executes Is Beyond Male or Female, Old or Young, Black Or White
and my point of view is that it depends on the profession. i see the whole party and the concept of djing as a shamanic issue. i know that not everybody sees things like that and for many people everything is just sound engineering , mathematics and music, so i was not sure if it is appropriate to make this comparison with the difference between male shamans and female shamanANES. but i know that you are very much into shamanism so i will make the comparison. you know, ask any shamanic tribe if there is a differenc between a male and a female shaman and you will get one and the same answer. there IS. they have different way to connect to the spirits. for the females it is instictively there because of their womb. and you will find this in every culture on earth. it is not about who is better , but about the different way to perfomr the shamanic profession.

and after all everybody can call himself as he likes, but the question here was that some females were abused because of beiing called djanes. actually i dont see anything abusive in that. the existence of a difference doesnt make one of the sexes better than the other.

p.s. of course i am not telling you anything new about the language. :cs what i say is that there are people who dont even think of a difference between the words djs and djanes, they don't even think of discouraging females , it just belongs to their language to have different words for female and male. if you say for isntance dj savi in countries like germany, swiss or austria, it will sound really funny, just because it is not appropriate to their language.

Oxidelic
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Oxidelic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:18 pm

so i was not sure if it is appropriate to make this comparison with the difference between male shamans and female shamanANES. but i know that you are very much into shamanism so i will make the comparison. you know, ask any shamanic tribe if there is a differenc between a male and a female shaman and you will get one and the same answer. there IS. they have different way to connect to the spirits. for the females it is instictively there because of their womb. and you will find this in every culture on earth. it is not about who is better , but about the different way to perfomr the shamanic profession.
in spanish as in english you say: UN CHAMAN (one shaman) or you say UNA MUJER CHAMAN (one female shaman) and for reference just open the book: "LOS CHAMANES" de Piers Vitbesky, but you dont alter the word SHAMAN, nobody says SHAMANE!!! ahahahahahahahaha, maybe in some modern urban tribes there are bif-boobies female Chamans that want to SHOW OFF...! you dont alter the word DRIVER, why you should alter the word DJ (disck jockey) and its not the profesion. all profesions are profesions and also Shaman is not a profesion!!! A profesion is an action that is paid!!! I dont care how it is in Germany. its not the center of the word, nor is the best lenguage of the world (jojojojojo knowing 5 diferent lenguages I'll tell you German it the Biggest Shit of lenguage I've met...)

DJANE BOOBIE-BOOBS...